Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01 November 2015, 15:01   #1
Country: UK - England
Town: Bristol
Make: Honwave
Length: 4m +
Engine: mariner 20hp
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 23
sib on the river

Hello all
I've just bought a honwave t40 with an 20 hp. I live in Bristol and will be taking it on the rivers and canals around Bristol and Bath before I venture down to the coast. Can anyone please tell me what licience I will need and where to apply/get one, along with my insurance.
Many thanks

pabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 November 2015, 00:14   #2
Country: UK - England
Town: Lincolnshire
Boat name: Mousetrap
Make: Zodiac Cadet 310S
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 4 stroke 9.9
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 234
It depends which rivers. Up here in the midlands, the Canal and River Trust issues licences for some rivers, but not all. Their list includes parts of the Severn and parts of the Avon.

Rivers Only Licence covers the following:
Avon (Hanham Lock to Bath)
Bow Back Rivers
Fossdyke & Witham (Torksey to Boston)
Lee Navigation (Hertford to Limehouse)
Limehouse Cut
Ouse and Ure (Goole to Ripon)
Severn (Stourport to Gloucester)
Soar Navigation (Trent Junction to Leicester)
Stort Navigation
Tees (Tees Barrage to Low Worsal)
Trent (Shardlow-Gainsborough, including the Nottingham & Beeston Canal)
Weaver Navigation (Winsford Bridge to Manchester Ship Canal)

Down your way there is the Avon Navigation Trust:
Avon Navigation Trust | Home

Google is your friend.
Mikefule is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:47.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.