Name:	IMG_4779.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	123234Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4781.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	123235

My SIB lights set up, although port and starboard lights are not required for a sub 3 or 5 meter vessel (I can't remember the exact boat size law but I know you only require one white light) however port and starboard lights are a good idea as other boaters to determine your direction especially on the river.
For port and starboard I used emergency boat light from eBay that strap to the oars, for a front flood light I used a high power 1000 lumen torch mounted on the side grab rope with a cycle torch mount this light gives a good 100 meter throw, for my white light I used a solar force touch with camping attachment , the torch was then pushed into a plastic water waste pipe, the pipe also flies my flag the pipe pole then sits in a fishing rod holder bolted on the transom. I have a back up emergency boat white light that is tied on to the centre bow rope eye, all lights are battery power. For portable battery lights I recommend cycle light as they have good attachments, are water proof or water resistant and lower cost than boat lights, you could use green filter film to convert white lights to green

Tags
sib