Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 28 March 2009, 16:33   #11
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mp0551b13 View Post
what a fantastic day it must have been,

great looking sib, conditions looked perfect from your pics, sea looks like olive oil , doesn't look like you had to battle the sea current.

Did you anchor up?
It was fantastic weather ,and no current ,could of stayed longer ,but with me cold feet lol,waders next time ,can t wait to do it again
__________________

__________________
thornbackflound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2009, 09:22   #12
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: no boat
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8
keep us posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornbackflound View Post
It was fantastic weather ,and no current ,could of stayed longer ,but with me cold feet lol,waders next time ,can t wait to do it again

I can imagine waders making a big difference, I'm new to the forum and just getting into sibbing, sibs are fantastic for their versatility and ease of getting in and out of water.

Your setup looks great, do you need insurance and/or license to sib around the Herne bay/swale/medway/thames to do a bit of fishing?


also, next time you go please keep us posted, i would like to see some more great pics of your sib in action and of the catch, would it be too much to also ask for clips? hehe


Great post
Great sib
Great catch
__________________

__________________
1mp0551b13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2009, 10:13   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mp0551b13 View Post
I can imagine waders making a big difference, I'm new to the forum and just getting into sibbing, sibs are fantastic for their versatility and ease of getting in and out of water.

Your setup looks great, do you need insurance and/or license to sib around the Herne bay/swale/medway/thames to do a bit of fishing?


also, next time you go please keep us posted, i would like to see some more great pics of your sib in action and of the catch, would it be too much to also ask for clips? hehe


Great post
Great sib
Great catch
Certainly will fella ,ill keep you posted ,you don t need a licence to fish at herne bay only if you want to join the club for a key ,with a sib the buet of it is you can lauanch anywere
__________________
thornbackflound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2009, 21:01   #14
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: Pisces
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie tuber View Post
Wayne,

What device were you using to take those underwater videos? That river perch video was absolutely amazing! The perch obviously sensed something was not quite right about that bait, but ultimately, just couldn't resist!
Hi prairie tuber

I use a 'bullet' camera linked back to a camcorder for all my underwater video, and also the SIB / 'rod-cam' stuff. It's only about the size of a small maglite torch and waterproof down to about 50ft or so. There's quite a few cheap and nasty models about, get as many 'tv lines' as you can for maximum quality. Burned to DVD, and played back on the TV, it's awesome.

I guess the applications for them are only limited by the imagination........... and her permission of course. ;-)



The camera is on the top of the pole, button fitted on dash to start recording as and when.

__________________
My Videos

http://www.vimeo.com/2701620
Sharkbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2009, 22:30   #15
Member
 
Country: Canada
Town: British Columbia
Make: Gemini
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40hp 2 str
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,151
Thanks Wayne,

That is a very nice setup indeed. I've been thinking about getting a waterproof 'bullet' (helmet) video camera for a while.
__________________
prairie tuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 April 2009, 17:11   #16
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: North East
Boat name: Sarah Louise
Make: Honwave T38IE
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15 Yamaha, 8 Mariner
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkbyte View Post
Hi prairie tuber

I use a 'bullet' camera linked back to a camcorder for all my underwater video, and also the SIB / 'rod-cam' stuff. It's only about the size of a small maglite torch and waterproof down to about 50ft or so. There's quite a few cheap and nasty models about, get as many 'tv lines' as you can for maximum quality. Burned to DVD, and played back on the TV, it's awesome.

I guess the applications for them are only limited by the imagination........... and her permission of course. ;-)



The camera is on the top of the pole, button fitted on dash to start recording as and when.

Very jealous of your setup Sharkbyte! What engine do you have on it?
__________________
Fishery Pokery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 April 2009, 19:04   #17
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: Pisces
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 145
Hi Geoff

The engine is a Mariner 30hp 2 Stroke, so pretty tame considering that the boat is rated up to 60hp.

Running reasonably light, it'll give us 28 knots with a little chop on the water.

Quite frankly, whilst more power always appeals to the boy racer in me, the thought of 60hp strapped to the back scares the **** out of me.

Not least because I'd probably spent more time air-born than on the water, and lose a few rods and reels in the process. ;-)



All in all, it's ideal for our requirements. Lightweight (46kg) means that the trailer doesn't sink into the sand on beach launches, it's surprisingly frugal giving us close to 3 miles / litre @ 20 knots in optimum conditions, servicing usually leaves change from a 20 note / annum.

Only one problem with it, where the hell can you get replacement decals for a reasonable price!!! I went to the trouble of respraying the cowl only to find that in the meantime the Ebayer selling them had disappeared without trace. ;-)
__________________

__________________
My Videos

http://www.vimeo.com/2701620
Sharkbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.