Old 03 March 2019, 21:24   #81
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
I've been following this (meandering) thread with some interest and a little frown. The Survival Bag bit has cheered me up, because as the grumpy old bottom feeder rightly says - a survival bag may just save your day/life.

I've been a huge fan of them for years. The "space blanket" found in first aid kits is a worthless POS in the open where the bag rules. I carry three aboard, listed under my coding equipment. I carry one at all times when in the hills. I had occasion to sleep on the engine lid last season in a (shush!) ex-British army bivvy bag and I'm beginning to think that will be "standard carry" onboard as well...
Old 04 March 2019, 08:47   #82

Town: Stirling
Boat name: The Gurnard
Make: Quicksilver
Engine: mariner 25hp 2s
Hi Willk..good to see top feeders still cruising around looking for their pickings from the bottom feeds . I have not been around much of late but when I did look in, I noticed you had been quiet too so it is reassuring to see you are still swimming around making your mark ..welcome back .. have you started moderating again ?

I also carry survival bag and PLB into the hills of Scotland. As well as map /chart and compass. I still dont rely on electronic gizmos in either the hills or small wet inflatable boats. I realise that is only my preferred method as others happily put their full trust in electronic gizmos.

When the sea mist comes in ..it is very disorientating and you often can’t see a few meters in front of you. So do carry some way of finding your way back in a mist.. it descends very quickly.
Old 04 March 2019, 09:03   #83

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
i must add the chemical hand warmers are worth it as is the charcoal warmer especially tucked down your shirt, i carry both + 1 go outdoors or any of the outdoor shops.