Old 18 July 2014, 20:07   #11

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Thanks. One of these days I want to launch at Noyo and dive Mendocino cove. Supposedly good slug hunting on the south walls.

Everyone else: Sorry about the thread hijack.

jky

Old 19 July 2014, 04:03   #12

Town: North Lincs
Boat name: na
Make: F-Rib 330/Excel 330
Length: 3m +
Engine: Parsun 15hp
After a bit of web searching last night, I have found a supplier in the UK for Wheeleez range so that is me sorted.

Here is the link if anyone else is interested

Boating and Outdoors - Humpalumpa

Phil

Old 19 July 2014, 04:31   #13

Boat name: Uh...a kayak?
Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyasaki View Post
Thanks. One of these days I want to launch at Noyo and dive Mendocino cove. Supposedly good slug hunting on the south walls.

jky
That is the benefit of my little boat. I can launch off most any beach even Caspar. Your boat though will go thru pretty much anything, and driving a longer distance is nothing. The South side is probably fairly exposed to the North swell. I have stood on the cliffs at the town of Mendocino and watched the waves booming! For abs try the cove that the wreck of the Frolic is in. It is exposed, but there are few public entrances, as it is private property and cliffs. Heck if someone can't find abalone on the North Coast they are blind LOL

BTW my friend Jim (C-Dory) was out today kayak scuba diving out of Russian Gulch and said vis was 10-20ft with no surge. He brought one ling cod home for dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philpot View Post
After a bit of web searching last night, I have found a supplier in the UK for Wheeleez range so that is me sorted.
Phil
beachwheelseurope.com

I bought mine from Ebay USA, and got a decent price on both sets brand new. Of course it took a long time as I had it dropped into my search for months, and my auto bidder lost a few auctions. Eventually I got what I wanted at the price I was willing to pay.

Wheeleez are expensive and there are cheaper options out there. The biggest benefit of the Wheeleez is they are super light weight. I am happy with mine.