Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28 April 2012, 01:37   #21
Country: UK - England
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4

I have been in contact with safewater and I dont need a permit as my engine is only 4hp (anything under 6 hp is permit free). Strange now that I know I dont need a permit I am thinking of doing the course anyway just to improve my knowledge and if i do get a bigger boat in the future I will be ready to go.

Just waiting for the weather to improve now and I will be out and about, cant wait.

fish_tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2012, 06:36   #22
CJL's Avatar
Country: UK - England
Town: London
Make: Ribcrafts
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150hp/2x115hp
MMSI: 235090215
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,122
Send a message via Skype™ to CJL
Personally it seems wrong that the Council are requiring qualifications given that the RYA don't require the PB2 as a licence to operate, but encourage it instead.

What happens if you say you've got a PB2, do they check it? How?

I can understand insurance requirements but what happens if I have an alternative qualification like Waterski, diver ones? Are these ignored?


A registered charity supporting events across England and Wales
Follow us on Vimeo and Facebook
CJL is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.