Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 14 September 2018, 10:10   #21
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ipswich
Boat name: None Yet
Make: Valiant
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outboard
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstevens763@g View Post
might be worth talking to these guys

https://trailers.co.uk/Product/00000...nt_to_file=yes
Good but at £650 I Prefer to make it myself I think
__________________

__________________
Bigplumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2018, 11:16   #22
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Mercury
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
MMSI: 235074042
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,201
you can make your own i believe and get it approved by applying for a test
__________________

__________________
jeffstevens763@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2018, 13:18   #23
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ipswich
Boat name: None Yet
Make: Valiant
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outboard
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstevens763@g View Post
you can make your own i believe and get it approved by applying for a test
I don't think I will concern myself too much with the approval
__________________
Bigplumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2018, 13:44   #24
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Peterborough
Make: Honwave T38
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki 6hp
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 31
I've got a better idea... Just buy mine

It's the road legal, plated etc Folding Leisure Trailer and I used it for exactly the situation you've described i.e. taking it inside a caravan and assembling at the site once the van is unhitched.

It's 'as new' and is described here if I've managed to link it successfully

Folding Road Trailer For Sale
__________________
PeteG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2018, 14:15   #25
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ipswich
Boat name: None Yet
Make: Valiant
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outboard
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteG View Post
I've got a better idea... Just buy mine

It's the road legal, plated etc Folding Leisure Trailer and I used it for exactly the situation you've described i.e. taking it inside a caravan and assembling at the site once the van is unhitched.

It's 'as new' and is described here if I've managed to link it successfully

Folding Road Trailer For Sale
How much you want for that then.............. Bearing in mind I think I could make one like the one above for circa £250 max


Why are you selling yours
__________________
Bigplumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2018, 14:52   #26
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Nautica
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 115 4 stroke
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 256
[QUOTE=Bigplumbs;782184]Now that is just the sort of thing I am talking about.

You can be sure that some keyboard warrior and paper pusher will be along soon to say why it is illegal and the world will end if you ever take it on the road. Your insurance will be invalid and you are being irresponsible actually making something that is solid and good yourself.... Plates are available on ebay by the way

No worries with any of that ,just find some old scrap iron in the hedge ,couple of old mini wheels ,paint as opposed to galv .label off ebay ,mark it up as 2010 ,made in china , and if anybobody asks tell them you bought it at a car boot ,job done
__________________
Orwell boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2018, 15:32   #27
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Make: Destroyer 5.5/Ring18
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 90HP/Yam200HP
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 547
Heh Plumb my mate was in the same predicament as you when he went abroad, he was only towing it a couple of miles so just strapped the bow to the boot and used his launching wheels to tow it, engine in the boot, job done
__________________
69cmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2018, 16:26   #28
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ipswich
Boat name: None Yet
Make: Valiant
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outboard
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69cmw View Post
Heh Plumb my mate was in the same predicament as you when he went abroad, he was only towing it a couple of miles so just strapped the bow to the boot and used his launching wheels to tow it, engine in the boot, job done

One way I suppose but I don't want those over priced Honwave transom wheels that wobble about all over the place
__________________
Bigplumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2018, 00:07   #29
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ipswich
Boat name: None Yet
Make: Valiant
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outboard
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by knube1 View Post
better when you attach the photos
Looking forward to those other Photos
__________________
Bigplumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2018, 02:12   #30
RIBnet Supporter
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 13,342
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
You can be sure that some keyboard warrior and paper pusher will be along soon to say why it is illegal and the world will end if you ever take it on the road. Your insurance will be invalid and you are being irresponsible actually making something that is solid and good yourself.... Plates are available on ebay by the way
Just remember that these people knew how to inflate their boats properly - back in the days before you became a late convert to the idea. I can hear Facebook calling you...

__________________

__________________
.
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.