Old 01 June 2018, 12:21   #41

Town: Sheffield
Boat name: Uncle Ray
Make: Osprey
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150hp
Hi guys, great info. I just called Farndon and they said it's now £15 per day for the slip, I do have a BWW key but wonder if they've changed the policy.
Old 01 June 2018, 13:47   #42

Town: Lincolnshire
Boat name: Mousetrap
Make: Zodiac Cadet 310S
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 4 stroke 9.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_20000 View Post
Hi guys, great info. I just called Farndon and they said it's now £15 per day for the slip, I do have a BWW key but wonder if they've changed the policy.
The free slip is not the one at Farndon Marina. It is a couple of hundred yards upstream of the marina. There is a free car park by the riverside and the slip is free and unmanned. To get there, aim for a pub/restaurant called the boathouse.
Old 01 June 2018, 14:58   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefule View Post
The free slip is not the one at Farndon Marina. It is a couple of hundred yards upstream of the marina. There is a free car park by the riverside and the slip is free and unmanned. To get there, aim for a pub/restaurant called the boathouse.
Ahh brilliant, thanks! Is it just the bww key same as for the canal/river locks?
Old 01 June 2018, 16:03   #44

Quote:
Ahh brilliant, thanks! Is it just the bww key same as for the canal/river locks?
This key. I believe it is the universal BWB key for padlocks, toilet blocks and so on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1084.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	125063  
Old 01 June 2018, 16:07   #45

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...6!4d-0.8544934
Old 01 June 2018, 16:17   #46

Yep that's the one I have, thanks for the help. Now just got to wish the weather better 🤣
Old 02 June 2018, 18:51   #47

Here're some photos.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1090.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	125074   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1089.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	250.7 KB
ID:	125075   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1088.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	125076   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1087.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	125077  
Old 02 June 2018, 18:52   #48

And a couple more
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1086.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	258.0 KB
ID:	125078   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1085.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	125079  
Old 02 June 2018, 21:29   #49

[emoji106] didn't make it today, been tinkering with the brake setup but intend to head down in the next week, maybe head upto Gainsborough way to the unrestricted section. Thanks again for the help and pics.
Old 26 June 2018, 07:56   #50

Launched here this weekend. Alright little slip only gripe was two cars parked across the top of the slip when I came to recover. Council really need to extend the hatchings. Then someone who was recovering before us. Over 1hr 20mins recovering. Insisted on installing his lights boards and leaving the bilge to drain for 30 mins before leaving the slip [emoji36], offered to help twice but was having non of it. Arrived to recover at 4pm, was 6.00pm before I was out of the water.

I'd use again but be warey of getting blocked or not been able to access on nice days due to.muppetd with no brains blocking the slip.
Old 26 June 2018, 08:24   #51

Quote:
Launched here this weekend. Alright little slip only gripe was two cars parked across the top of the slip when I came to recover. Council really need to extend the hatchings. Then someone who was recovering before us. Over 1hr 20mins recovering. Insisted on installing his lights boards and leaving the bilge to drain for 30 mins before leaving the slip [emoji36], offered to help twice but was having non of it. Arrived to recover at 4pm, was 6.00pm before I was out of the water.

I'd use again but be warey of getting blocked or not been able to access on nice days due to.muppetd with no brains blocking the slip.
I hope you had a good trip apart from that. I can honestly say I've never had a problem with access, and I've only once seen someone else launching there: the Fire Service launching a SIB as part of a training exercise. You had bad luck.

That said, one of the two pubs is quite pretentious and attracts the "my big car makes me entitled" crowd.

There is a free slip which is much virtually guaranteed to be easy access, but it's further upstream on the other side of the river. Look on the map for Bleasby, near Fiskerton, then find Boat Lane, which runs down to the river just above the lock and the island. The slip's at the end of Boat Lane. I've seen one of the local cruise pontoon boats being hauled out there. It's a bit steep (I chickened out of solo hand launching my sailing dinghy there) but you can launch a small SIB by hand, or any boat on a road trailer.
Old 26 June 2018, 08:41   #52

Fantastic trip other than the recovering part. Beautiful river, pubs a plenty. And it must have been 30 degrees.

Paid 15quid for a weeks license so can nip back down if I get that chance. We did get asked for our index number at Newark Town lock, explained I had a short term ticket but he wasnt interested in seeing it just waved us through.

I'll take a look at the other slip cheers, and I wont mention it was a 18 plate Jag XKR blocking the slip then (and a Mitsubishi Outlander) LOL

Thanks again for the pointers! Think we just had bad luck, it was boiling and the pubs were packed.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefule View Post
I hope you had a good trip apart from that. I can honestly say I've never had a problem with access, and I've only once seen someone else launching there: the Fire Service launching a SIB as part of a training exercise. You had bad luck.

That said, one of the two pubs is quite pretentious and attracts the "my big car makes me entitled" crowd.

There is a free slip which is much virtually guaranteed to be easy access, but it's further upstream on the other side of the river. Look on the map for Bleasby, near Fiskerton, then find Boat Lane, which runs down to the river just above the lock and the island. The slip's at the end of Boat Lane. I've seen one of the local cruise pontoon boats being hauled out there. It's a bit steep (I chickened out of solo hand launching my sailing dinghy there) but you can launch a small SIB by hand, or any boat on a road trailer.
Old 26 June 2018, 08:52   #53

Quote:
I'll take a look at the other slip cheers, and I wont mention it was a 18 plate Jag XKR blocking the slip then (and a Mitsubishi Outlander) LOL
Unfortunately, the area is full of them. They can spend as much as they want on a car, but it's still not a motorbike, or a boat.