Old 26 May 2010, 11:42   #11

Town: Labrador City
Make: Zodiac Futura MK3
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda bf50a
Labrador Fishing Trip 1

Ossokmanuan lake/River system: Got to try out the Futura this long weekend, the fishing was not all that great but being only the second time I have launched my Zodiac the trip was fun. I'm still limited to the rivers in our area as the lakes are still thawing. I had to deal with large amounts of ice flow all weekend, which was kind of fun landing on the ice pans and fishing from them.
I finished modifying my SIB adding the fish finder and rod holders now i'm ready for the fishing trips.

Google maps:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sourc...13797&t=h&z=16
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01388.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	51380   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01441.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	51381   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01399.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	51382   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01400.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	51383  

Old 26 May 2010, 19:08   #12

Town: San Diego
Make: zodiac futura mk2
Engine: Nissan 40 plus
That looks so cool... the boat and the temp! The Futura looks great. I'm still catching a chill from the snow around the lake... it was 75 and warm on Canyon Lake today. Ha. How do you like the tractor seats? Sure beats the bench pads Zodiac puts on. Will your fishfinder work at higher speeds or does the futura suck too much air under the boat. I'm tempted to move my sensor. I'm sure everyone here wants to see more fish! Dang, You guys sure have some killer fishing up north, but we have more girls in less clothes out on the water

Old 26 May 2010, 20:12   #13

Town: Labrador City
Make: Zodiac Futura MK3
Engine: Honda bf50a
Thanks Kelson, I love the seats and my buddy's really like the ride. This was the first time i tested the fish finder and it does not work at high speeds I might try locating it again but i need to roam around the various web forums trying to locate the proper position for a Zodiac....maybe there is none? I'll leave the seats for this season and more than likely set them directly to the floor and get them off the sloppy track seating. I have another expedition fishing trip with a bunch of seadooer's and jet boats. I will more than likely be the donkey and carry the bulk of the gear and gas cans!

The pics were of a large river system, the lake in our area are frozen solid and i have buddies who are still traveling on snowmobiles to their camps!

I'll post some pics throughout the season,,,,,,love the Zodiacs
Old 26 May 2010, 20:46   #14

I was hoping you had hit on the magic solution to fish finder placement. My speed tubes are glued inside of the main tubes to the floor (newer zodiac speed tubes are farther out). I moved my sensor around and never got it to work at higher speeds. I think there is too much air getting sucked under the boat and too much turbulent water flow as compared to a hard hull. I did make a bracket so I could extend the finder sensor lower into the water. That helps, but catches kelp like mad. So far I'm just happy to slow down and use the fish finder, but please let me know if you find a way to optimize the placement.

That sloppy track seating lasted a long time for me. It helped when I squirted hot glue from a glue gun into the track around the seat support bottom edge while the bench was loose. After the glue cooled I pulled the supports in a bit and put the bench back on. The custom flexible washer lasted a long time and while the assembly still had play it wasn't as bad nor did it make as much noise.

Damn fun boat! Stay warm.
Old 28 May 2010, 06:41   #15

Town: Anchorage
Make: Avon SR4
Engine: Yamaha 40
Nice boat! Thanks for the details on the seats, I've been looking around to get the same exact seats for my Searider. Nice to see that someone else is already using them and they work.
Old 28 May 2010, 09:59   #16
CJS

Town: Warsash
Make: Honwave T 3.8 ie
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda 20 HP
I have to say great boat....especially those comfy looking seats!!

I have been racking my brains on a solution to fitting some descent seats to my Honwave 3.8. The problem is I have an airfloor that is not covered with alloy/ wooden slats.

Initially I thought of bolting some fold up's to the front plank they have the audacity to call a seat but was advised against it because of the twisting action when leaning backwards.

I did find what I think is a good solution on a US website - fitting an aluminium frame inside the boat straddling the airfloor which allows a swivelling helmsmans seat.

http://www.boatstogo.com/central_console.asp

Has anyone got this?
Old 28 May 2010, 10:32   #17

The aluminum frame on the floor system seems to work fairly well. I have seen it in use a couple of times. If the conditions are rough you really have to have the frame wedged in and captured tightly by the inflated tubes. Depending on your use that can be an issue.

There are a lot of different ways to install seating. You might want to check out the following link. Using rafting frames makes for solid seating, gives you plenty of structure to attach accessories or tie down to and is easily removable/reconfigurable. Just another option to consider. Be sure to check out the oar locks installed on the frame that are pictured on the second page of posts. Sure wish I could do that on my boat!
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=232263