Old 23 July 2011, 14:17   #21

Town: dawlish
Make: avon searider/bom380
Length: 4m +
Engine: merc 50 2 stroke
just a few picys of it all ready to go !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P7231273.JPG
Views:	306
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	61049   Click image for larger version

Name:	P7231274.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	61050   Click image for larger version

Name:	P7231285.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	61051   Click image for larger version

Name:	P7231289.JPG
Views:	295
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	61052  
Old 23 July 2011, 21:15   #22

Town: Marlow
Make: Bombard 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: 25hp Yamaha 2 stroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino89 View Post
a few picys of the repair to the floor. blown up today at 10 and still rock hard 19.30 tonight , so pretty pleased with that.
done a similar repair to nashers but as it was only a seap i didnt do the belt and braces approach just wrapped it down the side where it was required in the centre to till it meeets the curve, done the other side even though there were no problems to keep it looking uniform, in one picy there is a wooden former recommended by nasher so i could get the patches down firmly with the seam roller that worked really well
just needs a bit of a clean up now
Nice work Dino, that looks good. I inflated to floor to 11.2psi on Friday night. Found another very small leak that will need repair but the side that is hole free is still rock hard tonight so very pleased! Be interested to see if what willk says is accurate as I am pleased with the Sureseal as the place I used it on would have been very difficult to patch - I shall keep my eye on over time and see what happens. I will be running over the boat tomorrow as it has gone down since we last used it albeit it has been over a 2 week period.
Old 23 July 2011, 23:46   #23

Make: Bombard Aerotec
Engine: Evinrude 15 hp -78
Has anyone seen Sureseal on some webshop with international shipment? I've gotten a link before but they wouldn't ship to Sweden.

I've tried my aerotec with a 15 hp engine today. Engine was noisy but otherwise good. I did have some problems with the boat though; the floor is way flexing. Didn't notice it much with the 4 hp, but now it's scary. Won't be going fast anymore until I've fixed it. The Bravo 10 pump I use isn't able to get the pressure up, it says maximum 4,4 psi in the catalog. However, is that also on the high pressure valve where you put the hose on the middle hole? There's no way it would get up to 11 psi?

This should be the major concern for not getting my floor up to pressure, right? I've got two slow leaks that halfs the air in the floor in about 24 hrs-2 days. Is it likely that I wont be able to go anything at all with the leaks still there?

Problem is that I havent located any glue yet. It's a bit difficult over here.
Old 24 July 2011, 08:10   #24

Town: Helsinki
Boat name: SR 5.4
Make: Avon
Engine: Toh1 3,5 Yam 90/2S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrik View Post
Has anyone seen Sureseal on some webshop with international shipment? I've gotten a link before but they wouldn't ship to Sweden.

Problem is that I havent located any glue yet. It's a bit difficult over here.
That's always the tricky part, "overseas" shipment.

I think RHM will ship, I have bought stuff from them, no issues. They have almost the same stuff, other name " Aquasure". If Your lucky they might also send you Zodiac 2K glue. If so ask them to pack well, hardener is in glass bottles....

Ron Hale Marine Ltd - Aquasure
Ron Hale Marine Ltd - Zodiac Two Part Adhesive

Maritim here have the 2K glue also.