Old 27 June 2016, 11:16   #1

Town: Cornwall, UK
Make: Quicksilver 430HD
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mariner 20Hp 4s
Remove floor from Quicksilver 430HD tips

Hi again,

I bought my boat inflated and the previous own has never deflated it. I've was thinking I'd like to remove the floor and check everything under there so I know its ok but wasn't brimming with desire to do this. However at the weekend whilst playing with the trailer setup I noticed a lump that's a bit tight slightly off centre of the keel and it also looks like that bladder isn't 100% straight. Might be that it never is better than this but I want to investigate the lump.

so, after that long explanation, as I didn't assemble does anyone who's done this have any tips or hints for the easiest/safest way to remove the floor and check it out?

cheers,

Dan
Old 27 June 2016, 11:28   #2

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
I noticed a small lump under the air floor the other week when I turned the boat over to wash it down. Turned out to be a small plastic cap we'd lost under the floor.

As to yours...

Deflate boat inc keel. Remove outer stringers (4 or 6 sections on yours?). If these have never been off they might be tight but they should wriggle/roll off the floor sections. It might make it easier if you place an oar each side just inboard of the outside of the floor panels so the floor is supported and the pressure taken from the stringers.

Once all the stringers are off lift the floor at one of the middle joints until the lip disengages and you can lift the panels out one by one.

Take care as the floor panels can have quite sharp corners which could damage the tubes if they are caught.
Old 27 June 2016, 11:41   #3

Perfect, thanks Fenlander, I had read it kinda like that in the manual, but you can't beat first hand experience. Yeah it does feel/look like it could be something like that.
Old 06 July 2016, 11:57   #4

finally got round to doing this. Wasn't overly looking forward to doing it as having not done it I thought it had potential to be one of those jobs. Got it off the trailer and onto a tarp, deflated tubes and got the floor out as per instructions above, bit of a wiggle etc but not overly troublesome. Underneath was a bit mucky but cleaned it all up and that lump turned out to be the missing choke knob! Previous owner said it fell off not long after buying it but due to one thing and another never properly got replace.

After a clean up was pleased to see now real signs of wear at all. Put all back together and pumped it up by hand, I've got a big ole SUP pump so it wasn't a drama and I wont be bothering to get an electric one now.

Cheers for advise again.

Dan