Old 10 August 2009, 10:10   #61

Town: Carmarthen
Length: no boat
Well done on your first outing.

That looks like some big lake you were fishing !

Bill
Old 11 August 2009, 19:19   #62

Town: GTA
Make: QS 330 airdeck
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15hp Johnson 2-strke
It is lake Simcoe. It is a good size lake, I'd say this pond is 25-30km in diameter. The lake is big enough for a small SIB!

It is one of the better fishing spots not far from my home in Toronto, Ontario.
Old 23 August 2009, 21:43   #63

Town: yorkshire
Boat name: little vicky
Make: avon ex RNLI
Engine: tohatsu
had a run about for a couple of hours today and before we went home we had half hour fishing ,,,only caught a couple of mackrall as everything else we were getting was nicked by a seal [its been doing it all week apparantly to other fishermen ] just about to get the fish in the boat and all we saw was a big spotty grey thing and the fish/ trace gone ,,,anyhow it frightened my lad no end ,, thats with watching jaws ,lol ,anyhow the wind got up so we called it a day ,,,first pic off alcatraz,,only joking its south gare lighthouse ,pic 2,nath trying out his first dry suit ,pic 3 end of a not bad day ..happy fishing to all,mart and nath,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	020.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	45106   Click image for larger version

Name:	122.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	45107   Click image for larger version

Name:	116.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	45108  
Old 24 August 2009, 01:52   #64

Town: GTA
Make: QS 330 airdeck
Engine: 15hp Johnson 2-strke
Wow, you've got an nice high tech fishing rod! I've seen a lot of rods, but none sophisticated like yours.....jk
Old 24 August 2009, 14:59   #65

Town: yorkshire
Boat name: little vicky
Make: avon ex RNLI
Engine: tohatsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by oujakov View Post
Wow, you've got an nice high tech fishing rod! I've seen a lot of rods, but none sophisticated like yours.....jk
lol, the wood reel in this part of the world is called a scarborough ,from the local port ,where many years ago they used to go big game hunting for tunny fish ,something like a big tuna could go up to about 8 /10 feet long ,though after the 2nd world war they never came back into to the area ,it was the days before multiplier reels and they needed a reel for fast line recovery ,some were up to 14 inches or more in diameter, i have a few of various sizes ,,,brilliant for cod with 100 ib line ,. and just about maintainence free ,dont think anyone makes them now ,though still popular with some locals .you only need a short rod for boat fishing around here ,
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	big reel.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	45116  
Old 24 August 2009, 20:34   #66

Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
While we are on the Fishing Topic

Minnis bay 22/8/09

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well we ,launched from minnis ,about 9 ish ,big tides so we wheeled the boat a fair way over the sand,a few other boats were launching from the slip,well we motored out to a spot at grenham bay,anchored in to 15ft of water,straight away weed ,piles of it, a few casts and we had had enough of that,just as we were about to up anchor we were met my SEA WARRIOR on his kayyak ,smashing chap he asked about the weed we said ,don t bother,we are up anchoring and moving down to another spot,so he joined us down to my ole faithful ray spot, anchored up in 18ft of water ,no sooner there my first cast produced a nice ray,trouble was it was all so joined by a raft of weed,so got her right up to the boat got hold but the shear weight of the weed snapped all me end tackle ,,,,,,,,dohh , was a dam good size but never got to weigh it ,a little while later my mate MR LAR landed a nice 8 n half pounder,cor what a palava landing that one weed ,weed and more blooming weed,landing net kept spinning round,deep joy ,lol,well i had another on,and it was ducking and diving big style,went to let it have a run and it snapped my snood line at the swivel,i wont be using 18lb all through again ,back up to 20lb line,30lb snoods,what was i thinking,lol well tony had another ray about 4 or 5lb,well that was it ,for the day ,don t like these big tides,if it was nt for the weed im sure we would of connected with some other fish, BUT A VERY BIG THANKS TO MR LAR FOR TAKING ME DOWN AND SMASHING COMPANY ,,,,,,,BUT IF YOU KEEP OUT FISHING ME ,YOU WON T COME AGAIN,LOL ,so it was on the way home popped in for a pint and had one at me bar to finnish of a WICKED DAY ,,,,,,,,,,So again a little way out, and there are fish there to be had,another satisfied mate who caught on me boat
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Copy of IMAG0631.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	45126