Old 28 February 2009, 19:31   #1

Town: Santa Cruz, CA
Length: 4m +
Recommend Cover - Achilles SG140

I'm looking for a cover for my SG140. I've tried several different covers and despite the manufacturers insisting that they are the right size none have fit correctly. I want a reinforced (trailerable) cover that does not cover the motor. This sounds pretty simple but I've had a load of trouble finding one.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Old 28 February 2009, 21:43   #2

Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Maybe an obvious suggestion but can you get one tailor made ? Alot of ribs in the UK are set up very differantly & so a good % need tailored covers. There are numerous companies in the uK that do it & I 'd guess there shoudl be similar near you , or consider consider companies that make car covers - a boat is just an odd shaped car to them.

There is a company that sells on Ebay that seems to suited a lot of people on the site - have a search for E-bay covers & see what you think.
Old 28 February 2009, 22:18   #3

thanks. I've actually tried several semi-custom made covers from 2 big manufacturers of boat covers. neither actually fit despite their claims. There is no console or anything odd about my boat. I even went ahead and bought a separate motor cover directly from yamaha. I just need a cover that will properly fit a 14' inflactable with a square achilles style nose (blunt bow I guess they call it).

the catch now is that I'm having a hell of a time finding one that doesnt also try to cover the motor.

It's always something.
Old 28 February 2009, 22:23   #4

It's worth nothing that this inflatable spends its time on a trailer. The motor never comes off. I want a cover that will cover the boat, but not the motor WHILE the motor is still mounted.

I've had no luck with this.
Old 01 March 2009, 13:24   #5

Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Soounds like a string of bad luck. I have an a 4m Avon with a square nose. When it was new a company turned up to the dealers & made a 1 off custom cover . Is this a possible for you to find a similar company ? or can you find a freindly seemstress to 'tweak' an exisitiing one ?