Old 05 February 2008, 17:06   #31

Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Length: 4m +
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
Yes leave the seat thwart at home , unless you are going rowing .
After pumping mine up with the footpump once i spent 100 on the bravo hp pump , best thing i ever did ,just set the dial and wait for it to stop at the right pressure .

My futura mk 3 had the high pressure floor seperate , it would pop up in the middle if you hit a wave wrong and i think the honda was a better ride even though it was shorter .

Old 05 February 2008, 17:10   #32
J S

Town: N.Wales/Southampton
Make: Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda 15hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian parkes View Post
Yes leave the seat thwart at home , unless you are going rowing .
After pumping mine up with the footpump once i spent 100 on the bravo hp pump , best thing i ever did ,just set the dial and wait for it to stop at the right pressure .

My futura mk 3 had the high pressure floor seperate , it would pop up in the middle if you hit a wave wrong and i think the honda was a better ride even though it was shorter .
I know what you mean about the seat it does get in the way. But i feel in my boat it strengthens the middle of the boat and makes it more rigid.

James

Old 05 February 2008, 17:15   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by J S View Post
I know what you mean about the seat it does get in the way. But i feel in my boat it strengthens the middle of the boat and makes it more rigid.

James

It certainly did nothing to strengthen the honda , hence the reason they will pop out .
Its not nice to fall on iether , many a time i have been thrown from my perch on the tube into the boat. and was glad the thwart wasn't fitted .

never ever drive a sib without a kill cord on you
Old 05 February 2008, 17:45   #34
J S

Town: N.Wales/Southampton
Make: Zodiac
Engine: Honda 15hp
Quote:
It certainly did nothing to strengthen the honda , hence the reason they will pop out .
Its not nice to fall on iether , many a time i have been thrown from my perch on the tube into the boat. and was glad the thwart wasn't fitted .

never ever drive a sib without a kill cord on you
Its probably the way they are fitted on each boat that makes a difference. No never ever drive a sib without a killcord i have been flying along normally and you hit a little wave and it can throw you around the boat and if you are not wearing a kill cord it can be very dangerous.

James
Old 06 February 2008, 16:54   #35

Town: Bristol
Make: Honwave T35AE
Engine: Tohatsu 18hp
Locozodiac,
I assume by a "revolver machine" you're refering to a lathe of some sort, unfortunately I don't have equipment like that at my disposal but I think I should be able to make something that'll work... thanks for the idea

Ian,
I'm surprised to hear the the thwart pops out sometimes, would there be any way of securing it in?
I assume with the 'v' floor it's not very practical to sit on the floor like other airdecks with flat floors, or am I wrong? - presume most of the time you'd sit on the tubes?

Agree with you chaps about the killcord btw, after hitting the occasional freak wave I've also been caught out, launched a couple of feet in the air and come so close to being flung out
Old 06 February 2008, 18:34   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyboy View Post
Locozodiac,
I assume by a "revolver machine" you're refering to a lathe of some sort, unfortunately I don't have equipment like that at my disposal but I think I should be able to make something that'll work... thanks for the idea

Ian,
I'm surprised to hear the the thwart pops out sometimes, would there be any way of securing it in?
I assume with the 'v' floor it's not very practical to sit on the floor like other airdecks with flat floors, or am I wrong? - presume most of the time you'd sit on the tubes?

Agree with you chaps about the killcord btw, after hitting the occasional freak wave I've also been caught out, launched a couple of feet in the air and come so close to being flung out
The thwart only hooks into two webbing loops ,it could be secured in but its useless unless you are rowing .

Sitting on the air floor in a sib isn't very comfy "its alive" v or flat . best described as riding a trampoline with a wild bull trapped under it i found the tubes the only easy place to drive from if it was rough . also harder to see over the bow if you sit on the floor . I tied a webbing sling to the safety ropes so i could hold on with my right hand while working the tiller with my left .
The v floor is better in many ways as the angle of the opposite side is better suited to bracing your feet against , i remember being able to take wieght on my legs to damp out the landings which i couldn't do in the flat floor so easily .
Old 06 February 2008, 18:44   #37

Town: Bristol
Make: Honwave T35AE
Engine: Tohatsu 18hp
Guess I won't be using the thwart much then, may come in useful if I'm just taking the kids down the river I suppose.

Cheers Ian
Old 06 February 2008, 21:26   #38

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider Boats
Engine: Tohatsu 18 /30 HP
[QUOTE=Andyboy;236993] Locozodiac,

Yes Andyboy, lathe is the correct word, thanks google !!!
Old 07 February 2008, 03:19   #39

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Quote:
Sitting on the air floor in a sib isn't very comfy "its alive" v or flat . best described as riding a trampoline with a wild bull trapped under it i found the tubes the only easy place to drive from if it was rough .
Well for me if I go out in anything other than flat carm conditions & want to open it up to WOT then theres no way I'm sitting on the tubes! I'm wedged in on the floor one hand on the tiller & one on the thwart (the seat is bolted in!)
it's lots of fun but could not keep it up for long!
Old 07 February 2008, 14:37   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hearne View Post
Well for me if I go out in anything other than flat carm conditions & want to open it up to WOT then theres no way I'm sitting on the tubes! I'm wedged in on the floor one hand on the tiller & one on the thwart (the seat is bolted in!)
it's lots of fun but could not keep it up for long!
i think it depends on the size of the SIB , my futura was better sat on the floor as it was a longer stretch to reach the tiller being so much bigger .
I think the Vfloor of the honda makes sitting on it harder cos your bum slides down the V .

never see a zap cat racer sat up the tubes though so maybe its just me and the honda