Old 02 June 2018, 21:32   #1

Town: Shipley
Make: F-Rib
Length: under 3m
Engine: Mariner outboard 6hp
Pump advice please

OK newbie question

Have acquired a 3.10m SIB with Harkley- Roberts valves. Previously for much smaller inflatable things have always used double action hand pumps (sadly last one went with my last inflatable canoe to a good home) - so slightly shocked by the rather substandard foot pump that came with boat, I think I will keep this for the boat kit box, but use better pump for inflating from scratch. What do people people use? Any recommendations? Or makes to avoid?
Thanks
Rob
Old 02 June 2018, 21:38   #2

Pump advice please

OK newbie question

Have acquired a 3.10m SIB with Harkley- Roberts valves. Previously for much smaller inflatable things have always used double action hand pumps (sadly last one went with my last inflatable canoe to a good home) - so slightly shocked by the rather substandard foot pump that came with boat, I think I will keep this for the boat kit box, but use better pump for inflating from scratch. What do people people use? Any recommendations? Or makes to avoid?
Thanks
Rob
Old 03 June 2018, 04:50   #3

Town: Horley
Make: Yamaha 3.1 STI
Length: 3m +
Engine: 9.8 Tohatsu 2 stroke
Are you looking for a foot/hand pump or an electrical one?, also a lot depends on wether it an air floor of boarded, but for me I have an air floor and have only ever used bravo pumps with the built in battery that inflate to high pressure, first one lasted around 3 years so I’m on my second one now, which is the new model so hope it lasts a bit longer, but if not I’ll just have to put it down as one of the overheads os sibbing as I don’t fancy blowing up an air floor with a foot pump
Old 03 June 2018, 09:54   #4

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Yep as Mickhitch says... need to know if HP floor and what sort of thing you are looking for foot, upright, elec etc.
Old 03 June 2018, 10:46   #5
MCL

Town: Stamford
I can only comment on the bravo bp12 I have to owned for last year.

It's electric, it has a dial to set the pressure and has the ability to inflate a high pressure floor.

So far it has worked flawlessly and inflates my 3.2m SIB in 10 minutes but I have heard there lifespan of these pumps isn't fantastic. I think I paid £80 for it.
Old 03 June 2018, 10:48   #6

Town: Lincolnshire
Boat name: Mousetrap
Make: Zodiac Cadet 310S
Engine: Mariner 4 stroke 9.9
I inflate my 310 with a 10 litre foot pump. I often use the boat solo. It takes a while, but it's not unreasonable.

I then carry a smaller foot pump on board in case I need to firm up the pressure later. A boat will lose some pressure when it is put onto cold water. On a very hot day, you may sometimes need to let some pressure out, especially if the boat has been moving slowly, or anchored, or beached in direct sunlight.
Old 03 June 2018, 13:36   #7

Sorry should have said - old school ply section floor - so just main chambers and keel. I will keep rather small foot pump for kit on boat. But suspect it's pump rate might irritate for getting started
Old 03 June 2018, 15:28   #8

I've used the same one of these for over 25 years and three inflatables, the largest of which was about 3.4 metres.

https://www.tcschandlery.co.uk/bravo...CABEgJKV_D_BwE
Old 28 May 2020, 14:58   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefule View Post
I inflate my 310 with a 10 litre foot pump. I often use the boat solo. It takes a while, but it's not unreasonable.
My (30? year old) pump split, and while I was searching for 10 litre foot pumps, came across this thread. In fact, my post was the only Google result.

It's labelled "Bravo 10", but I discovered that that doesn't mean it's 10 litres!

I have now bought a new Bravo 10.