Old 08 October 2011, 10:15   #1

Town: chesterfield
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mariner 30
Prowave any good????

This caught my eye on Ebay and i wondered if anyone here has one or experianced them .
PROWAVE 420 V AIR DECK INFLATABLE BOAT DINGHY RIB BOAT | eBay
I have a lovely 30hp Mariner to fit it but wondered about quality ect.
Pete
Old 08 October 2011, 10:22   #2

Town: kent
Boat name: SIBotage
Make: Prowave
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15hp Johnson 2 smoke
I have one and cant fault it.

See this thread.

http://www.rib.net/forum/f50/prowave-360-a-36196.html
Old 08 October 2011, 18:36   #3

Just found there web site PROWAVE INFLATABLES
Im really tempted now anyone else have any feedback?
Pete
Old 08 October 2011, 20:07   #4

Which one you after mate?

Ive had the 320 airdeck and have now got the 380 Ali floor.

Both have been brilliant.
Old 08 October 2011, 21:23   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockieboi View Post
Which one you after mate?

Ive had the 320 airdeck and have now got the 380 Ali floor.

Both have been brilliant.
I like the idea of the v type airdeck as it will put the kids more in the boat (if that makes sense) and i have knee trouble so the thought of a softer floor also appeals to me.It will mainly get used for 2 weeks in August down cornwall towing the kids about on there ring and me fishing for tea.then a few odd days here and there at the coast.
Can i ask what made you change?
Pete
Old 09 October 2011, 08:08   #6

Town: Leicestershire
Length: no boat
I haven't bought anything yet, but the Prowaves have also caught my eye as aresult of searching through threadson here.
Old 09 October 2011, 08:17   #7

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Some random thoughts...

I like the fittings and specifications of the Prowave and there are some hints they might be made in the same Chinese factory as Honwaves.... if not seem quite similar.

Prowave are the only maker as far as I know to charge the same for an air floor as alloy... usually there is a few hundred pounds more on the price of an air floor.

Depending on how you transport and use your inflatable weight may be a big issue. The 4.2 air floor weighs 136lbs which is plenty if you are carrying about without too much help. The alloy floor 4.2 is 187lbs.

Do you really need a 4.2 with 30hp outboard for a bit of family fun and fishing?

Are you looking to buy new? If you are buying mainly for next summer best to look over the next few months for a winter bargain. Prowaves do depreciate quite quickly, a couple of months ago a guy sold one with 15hp outboard after just one outing... he paid £2700 for the outfit new and it only made £1090 on Ebay!

The guy selling them new seems decent but bear in mind this is more a one man band importing direct (it seems) from China. If there were problems and he'd moved onto another business the 5yr warranty would be worthless.
Old 09 October 2011, 12:31   #8

I made the change because I wanted a larger boat and didn't really like the floor as for me it wasn't sturdy enough.

Prowave is a one man band but he is a genuine and helpfull bloke.

When I was upgrading I couldn't decide bettween the ali floor and the V air floor so he invited me to his house where he had both set up in his living room so I could choose.

Anytime I've contacted him he has been more than helpfull and has got straight back to me.

Also got a little discount on the 2nd boat!

Both boats have been brilliant.
Old 09 October 2011, 13:14   #9

Thanks for your thoughts and all taken on board.I was looking at something a little bigger as i currently have a Pheonix sib 3.4m and although its in great condition ect with five in its a little snug,(it is rated for 5 adults).
Transporting it isnt a problem as i am fortunate to have a Toyota Hilux with my job so loads of room.
When it will be used mainly in Cornwall the site is on the beach so its a short pull 150m on to the beach then the 5 off us to pull it on its wheels to the sea 20m.Once inflated it sits at the side of the caravan each night untill we head for home 2 weeks later.
The engine thing is purely down to my lack of knowledge as my pheonix came with a 15hp long shaft which i then found out should have been a short shaft.Then a 30 short shaft mariner came up from a friend of a friend,For me to then find my pheonix with no plate on should only be a 20hp max
The engine is brilliant so i want to keep it this is why i was looking at the upgrade to a larger boat.I was sort of hoping mine would be worth £300 approx so that the Prowave only stood me at approx £700ish.
Im not set on a new boat and if a decent used one came up then even better just that these seem good value for the money.
Pete
Oh and im learning all the time.
Old 09 October 2011, 14:48   #10

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
>>>When I was upgrading I couldn't decide bettween the ali floor and the V air floor so he invited me to his house where he had both set up in his living room so I could choose. Anytime I've contacted him he has been more than helpfull and has got straight back to me.

That's good and fits in with what I've heard of the guy from other sources. I'll be really interested to see one sometime for a first hand opinion.
Old 10 October 2011, 19:14   #11

Make: Tohatsu
Engine: Tohatsu MFS20
I have had two SIBs larger than 4 metres and would never have anything smaller. The space you get is much more comfortable, especially when 4 up and yes, they do weigh a bit more but a simple trolley or wheels solves that problem. I saw lockeboi's boat on the Isle of Wight in August and was pretty impressed by the standard kit I have to say. Seeing as you have a Hilux, the bigger the better!