Old 27 July 2013, 18:28   #1

Town: Surrey
Boat name: Not got one
Make: Not got one
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15hp
Proud new owner

Ok I got my new (second hand ) sib on Thursday have all ready done to tanks of gas 25ltr it's honwave t32 with yam 15 hp 2 stroke goes like a dream have only used it on the thames so far.
But next week thinking of taking it down to Poole Dorset 1st question as I will be going in salt Water and will be down there for a few nights will it hurt if the outboard does not get get flushed for a few days .
Also when I picked it up I added some more fuel to the tank but got the oil mix wrong instead of putting in 10ml per litre I only put 5 ml per litre will have hurt the engine there was about a quarter tank left when I put another 5 litres in and it was run for about 2 ,1/2 hours more.
Also can I use fairy liquid to clean marks on the sib that don't come of with just water.

Thanks Dave

P.s had two of the best days in my life for a long while out on it can't wait to get out where I can get and hold it up on the plane had a few little test on the thames went up real quick and was great but due to speed limit of 8knots was only for short while hence want to get down to Poole or some where on the coast I live in Surrey (croydon) if you can tell me anywhere closer on coast that's nice and easy to launch please feel free to comment
Old 27 July 2013, 18:40   #2

Length: 4m +
fine without flushing
could have cause some damage but probably ok unless the engeine sounds terrible or has a knock/rattle
yes inflatible boat cleaner
have fun