Old 13 June 2009, 13:06   #1

Town: Ottawa
Make: Zodiac MKII FR
Length: 4m +
Engine: 25HP Mercury 2-Strok
Pinhole in airdeck

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a good fix for a pinhole (fish hook) in the surface of a Zodiac fastroller airdeck. The airdeck holds pressure pretty well but loses pressure over the course of the day.

Thanks,

Vince
Old 13 June 2009, 16:38   #2

Town: Brooklyn NY
Boat name: Lil Red Corvette
Make: Saturn 365
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outbd Zuki 20EFI
You can try aquasure sealant. have been successfil in filling fish hook pinholes by putting it on the hole and using my bravo pump (a two way pump w/ vacuum mode will work too) to create a vacuum that helps to pull a bit of the sealant into the hole. This way when it expands a bit, it is essentially a dumbbell shaped plug. Works so far.
Old 15 June 2009, 04:29   #3

Town: Adelaide
Length: no boat
As standard for that size of repair we use a 1" diameter (Zodiac fabric) patch adhered with Bostik 1669 adhesive. 10 minute job.
Old 15 June 2009, 19:46   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4Simon View Post
As standard for that size of repair we use a 1" diameter (Zodiac fabric) patch adhered with Bostik 1669 adhesive. 10 minute job.

Thank you for your reply. Can you suggest a place online to buy bostik 1669? I'm having a tough time.
Old 16 June 2009, 04:07   #5

Town: Adelaide
Length: no boat
Due to it's flammability all adhesives have to be road transported. Have a chat to your local shoe repairer as they usually stock it as Bostik 'Sole Attaching Cement'.
Old 08 July 2009, 14:47   #6

Hi,

I'm having a terrible time finding the appropriate glue. I'm in Canada. I just spoke to Bostik Canada and they don't sell this product. He said it's likely a European product.

Is there a comparable product that I could ask for in North America? It would help if I knew what exactly I'm asking for. By that I mean, not just a brand or product name like Bostik 1669 or sole repair glue, but a technical term something like "heat-activated polymer pvc adhesive...so on and so forth" so that I can ask an adhesive company.

Thanks,

Vince
Old 09 July 2009, 21:32   #7

Town: GTA
Make: QS 330 airdeck
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15hp Johnson 2-strke
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanbiketech View Post
Hi,

I'm having a terrible time finding the appropriate glue. I'm in Canada. I just spoke to Bostik Canada and they don't sell this product. He said it's likely a European product.
Hi Vince,

I'm from Toronto and I was having difficult time locating retailer for my inflatable repair needs. I used to Have Quicksilver s430 PVC and with great success I've used Stabond. I've ordered this 2 part adhesive and other items (PVC fabic, MEC etc...) from NRS. I repaired several patches as well as rebuit the transom all using this adhesive. Worked great! The boat is now sold. I might be looking to pick up another one soon...

Here is the link to the NRS Stabond:
http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.a...03&deptid=1032

They charged only 20USD for shipping by ground and i was able to use one of the promo code (cant remember details of it) found on the net.

Cheers,
ILIA
Old 09 July 2009, 23:29   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by oujakov View Post
Hi Vince,

I'm from Toronto and I was having difficult time locating retailer for my inflatable repair needs. I used to Have Quicksilver s430 PVC and with great success I've used Stabond. I've ordered this 2 part adhesive and other items (PVC fabic, MEC etc...) from NRS. I repaired several patches as well as rebuit the transom all using this adhesive. Worked great! The boat is now sold. I might be looking to pick up another one soon...

Here is the link to the NRS Stabond:
http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.a...03&deptid=1032

They charged only 20USD for shipping by ground and i was able to use one of the promo code (cant remember details of it) found on the net.

Cheers,
ILIA
Stabond ordered from NRS - thanks for the info ILIA