Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Mercury
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
MMSI: 235074042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
Jeff you'll not pee anyone off because the established forum members actually aren't trying to take sides... more a bit puzzled... well I am. And of course you have more commercial experience of larger SIBs than many on here.

Your comment about a hard boat sort of adds to the point I'm making. We don't know but it seems GTgamo might already have a 20+ft cabin fast fisher?? His SIB choice may be quite different if he was looking to replace that hard boat with a SIB for storage or other reasons but still use for broadly the same purpose... or if on the other hand he wanted a SIB in addition to the hard boat to get to small coves/beaches where he could pull out for a BBQ.

He comments a SIB advantage is being able to pack it in a box to transport. You know well you'd need a very specific use to want to unpack, set up and launch an 18ft long 300lb SIB with a 50hp outboard on a daily basis.
Yes take your point David as you know my boat only weighs 200lb ish and it's on a trailer no way would I be tugging that around but I knew that when I bought it from expearence, not all SIBS are portable by along chalk but for long term storage being able to stick a 15 ft boat in a corner has some benifit.Any ways hopefully the guy can get enough from this to get the boat to suit his needs.

Cheers

Old 24 December 2018, 11:50   #52

Town: Every Where
Boat name: Milenium Buzzard
Make: Proline
Length: 10m +
Engine: Yamaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
GTgamo

I am afraid you are now in dispute of some of the biggest wind up merchants on this forum.... Also Ribcraft is a specific brand of Rib in the UK not a generic name for a craft that is a Rib. All you need now is for Pikey Dave to wade in giving it all a load of Yorkshire twaddle and good by to your thread.

My advice is simply ignor them... Do the same to this post if you so wish

Do listen to Fenlander however he gives some of the best advice on here
Thanks for the advice. Honestly I wasn't trying to "P" anyone off. I came for help and advice. I got flustered as it seemed a few were intentionally trying to get a reaction - which obviously happened.

Old 24 December 2018, 12:01   #53

Town: Every Where
Boat name: Milenium Buzzard
Make: Proline
Length: 10m +
Engine: Yamaha
Also I would like to mention that Defender had a few nos boats on sale that would have suited my needs just fine, but as of this morning the sale is over and the particular boat that I was looking for is not there anymore. As it relates to my boat I have currently - it is a 36' sport fisher on a triple axle.

Tags
sib