Old 26 January 2016, 08:09   #11

Town: Point Blank,TX
Boat name: Just Blown
Make: Achilles 2 of them
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 8&15hp Nissan 15
I happen to own the spd310 with aluminum floor. I also spent the extra 800 bucks and bought the hypalon lsi floor for it too. The spd,lsi, and lsr are all the exact same boat. The floors are all interchangeable. This is what I can tell you about running it with an 8hp Yamaha 2 stroke. It will plane with more weight when I have the aluminum floor than the air floor. The air floor wants to bend when loaded. The air floor is more comfortable to use in big swells because it is easy on the knees. It is also way easier to setup. You also have to be careful setting up the aluminum floor because you could easily scratch or puncture the hypalon. Achilles hypalon is extremely thin in the three models I have listed. With that being said I prefer both of them that's why I bought them both. Life is to short to only have one option.

Old 26 January 2016, 22:00   #12

Town: Phoenix
Make: Achilles
Engine: Tohatsu 8hp 2T
Thank you Gwozhog! Nice to know you can switch floors. My setup will be similar to yours. I ordered the LSR-310 from Defender and a set of dingy wheels from Danard. Also just picked up a really nice Tohatsu two stroke 8hp to hang on the back. Take care,

Kurt

Old 27 January 2016, 23:42   #13

Town: Point Blank,TX
Boat name: Just Blown
Make: Achilles 2 of them
Engine: Yam 8&15hp Nissan 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
Thank you Gwozhog! Nice to know you can switch floors. My setup will be similar to yours. I ordered the LSR-310 from Defender and a set of dingy wheels from Danard. Also just picked up a really nice Tohatsu two stroke 8hp to hang on the back. Take care,

Kurt
I would get the wheels from defender. You might have to drill through the hypalon with the danards. Here is a review I did of them.

Old 28 January 2016, 10:07   #14

Town: Cambridge
Boat name: SIBylle
Make: Honda Honwave
Engine: Honda BF20
MMSI: 235915576
Not having used either of these boats I was going to merely comment on solid vs air-floor. These days a good air-floor I believe is much better performing than a solid SIB floor, certainly at speed... and they are remarkably durable from what I am now told.

However, when you mentioned duck hunting...!... I would not want to go out shooting from my air-floor, I'd much prefer a flat, stable, durable aluminium floor for that! That little nugget of information seals the deal pretty quickly for me.
Old 28 January 2016, 23:26   #15

Town: Phoenix
Make: Achilles
Engine: Tohatsu 8hp 2T
Nice review Gwozhog! Our wheels are in already and boat should be in tomorrow so I'll check out how they will mount.

Stigomery, I'm hoping the rollup aluminum floor is very easy to use. If not, can always purchase an air-floor for the boat like Gwozhog did and use it for the "normal" activities.

Thanks all!

Kurt