Old 24 April 2012, 11:23   #21

Town: Lancashire
Boat name: -
Make: Bombard
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15hp outboard
Congrats on a good buy. I'll reach my half century this year and have no trouble on my own with my 380 + yam 15 two stroke that i've had for last decade or so- i've found helpfull little fingers get trapped/hurt too easily!. Lucky enough to have option of chucking the lot in the back of my 4x4 Octavia for days out or sticking it on a trailer for longer hols. You"ll get more than enough speed from that combo, on a flat calm i've clocked 19mph - 4 up with the gps on my phone.
Old 24 April 2012, 11:38   #22

Town: Lancashire
Boat name: -
Engine: 15hp outboard
Forgot to mention, i got one of those collapsable sack trolleys - £20ish . made ply base and back plate to slip on ,makes moving the bombard valise no harder than trip to Asda and Yam hooks over back plate.
Old 24 April 2012, 12:24   #23

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Had my 380 Aerotec & Yam 15 2st for 5 years now & it is one of my boats the wife would not have me sell even if I wanted!

Had it on the water for a week at Easter & now my eldest daughter will help me we can get it from our shed to the water including setting it all up & walking it down the road in 30 mins (I have transom wheels!)
Nick Hearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2012, 12:40   #24
dek

Town: bournemouth
Boat name: n/a
Make: bombard
Engine: outboard
Thanks guys for all the positive comments . collecting sib on saturday then beauluie boat jumble on sunday for bits and bobs.
cheers
del.
Old 24 April 2012, 17:50   #25

Town: Nuneaton
Boat name: ribbit
Make: ring
Engine: opti 150
Yamaha F9.9 9.9Hp to F25 25Hp Outboard Engines interesting to note that the 15 and 20 are the same weight, is this the same for 2 strokes ? it`s a massive jump in weight to a 25 though i`d prefer to dead lift 8 stone rather than 12 !! (only 3 years to wait till i have the aid of a teenager lol )....... i agree with not using a trailer as it defeats the portability ....my point being you need a pretty hefty car(boot) to fit it all in and didn`t like the way the wheel arches used to scrape with people sat in the back
Old 24 April 2012, 18:16   #26

Town: Poole
Boat name: Derisher
Engine: Yamaha 25 HP 2 strok
I reckon we ought to arrange a Poole bombard 380 meet. Could be fun to get a few together and compare how each have set them up, could be a good learning experience as well as a bit of fun. Anyone up for it?
Old 24 April 2012, 18:27   #27

Town: Nuneaton
Boat name: ribbit
Make: ring
Engine: opti 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derisher View Post
I reckon we ought to arrange a Poole bombard 380 meet. Could be fun to get a few together and compare how each have set them up, could be a good learning experience as well as a bit of fun. Anyone up for it?
i wouldn`t mind getting my hands around your yam 25 and i`m itching to open up my mariner 15 ,i get strange looks planing down the avon . hopefully sibfest 2 will get going soon and we can all gps the speeds
Old 24 April 2012, 18:41   #28
dek

Hi Derisher
I would be up for a poole meet ,but as yours is bigger than mine it may turn me into a shrinking violet !!

But yes well up for it.
Dek.
Old 25 April 2012, 09:49   #29

Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dek View Post
Hi Derisher
I would be up for a poole meet ,but as yours is bigger than mine it may turn me into a shrinking violet !!

But yes well up for it.
Dek.

Up for it too ! Though the performance of 25 over a 15 didn't seem much until the boats loaded up with some weight (based on MattH & mine runing side by side).

There is the sibfast cruise ( bt XS400) thread , but if 'bombard' people want to PM me with thier possible available date maybe in June sometime ?

Pete
Old 29 April 2012, 17:16   #30
dek

Hi Guys
collected the aerotec from matth on saturday and it has not stopped raining since !
All looks good and exactly as advertised,thanks Matt.

This is a long shot but anyone got a bravo bs12 hp for sale as I am pretty sure this will save a considerable amount of time setting up. mob. 07841 105670.

Also require a good hand held marine vhf radio.
Cheers.
Old 29 April 2012, 17:42   #31
Spammer

Town: Southern Ontario
Boat name: -Unknown-
Make: SeaMax
Length: 4m +
Engine: Merc/Minn Kota
As with Mercs, Yamaha use the same block for their 15-25 with a different cylinder bore. I believe Merc uses the same block and outside Mfg for it's 9.9 as well, not sure about Yamaha?
Old 30 April 2012, 18:44   #32

Town: Poole
Boat name: Derisher
Engine: Yamaha 25 HP 2 strok
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
Up for it too ! Though the performance of 25 over a 15 didn't seem much until the boats loaded up with some weight (based on MattH & mine runing side by side).

There is the sibfast cruise ( bt XS400) thread , but if 'bombard' people want to PM me with thier possible available date maybe in June sometime ?

Pete
Having a complete mental block on how to private message and so answering on forum. Currently I think I can do most weekends in June, saturdays are better than sundays. I launch from Parkstone yacht club so nearby to anyone who launches at baiter. Atrip up the Wareham river might be a plan because we could have aturn of speed in the waterskiing area near rockley and the rest of the way the smaller engines would not be disadvantaged. Could have a pub lunch in Wareham. Happy to consider other plans though.