Old 13 October 2005, 23:01   #1

Boat name: Thalassa
Make: RIBCRAFT
Length: 5m +
Engine: Honda 115 4 stroke
O Sh*t

So i go to check my SIB that stays on a mooring in a spot where when its low tide the SIB is on the ground and Hightide its floating in about 11 ft of water. So there was a storm and i see my SIb and the front compartment is deflated but the rest are still holding strong. Its attached by these 2 D RIngs on each side of the Bow. I havnt taken it out yet but what could have caused this? And if it "popped" is it usualy fixable?
Old 13 October 2005, 23:05   #2

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
What SIB is it? On mine there are 3 air chambers - (bow and half one side) - D rings are attached to one chamber each side - maybe that is what caused it??? Piccies please!!!
Old 13 October 2005, 23:08   #3

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopppywaters
So i go to check my SIB that stays on a mooring in a spot where when its low tide the SIB is on the ground and Hightide its floating in about 11 ft of water. So there was a storm and i see my SIb and the front compartment is deflated but the rest are still holding strong. Its attached by these 2 D RIngs on each side of the Bow. I havnt taken it out yet but what could have caused this? And if it "popped" is it usualy fixable?
now we truly are into codders area of expertise

go codders go......

Old 13 October 2005, 23:24   #4

its a Sea Eagle 12.6 SR (Seaeagle.com) Ill try to get pics up tomrow. The boat has 3 chambers but im not sure which chambers the D Rings are on. im suprised its still attached to the moorings...At least i was smart and took the engine off before the storm. To bad i didnt take the hole damn thing out
Old 13 October 2005, 23:29   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
now we truly are into codders area of expertise

go codders go......

Very helpfull I am sure.................
Old 13 October 2005, 23:31   #6

here you go http://seaeagle.com/transom/126SR.asp
Old 13 October 2005, 23:40   #7

Quote:
its a Sea Eagle 12.6 SR (Seaeagle.com) Ill try to get pics up tomrow. The boat has 3 chambers but im not sure which chambers the D Rings are on. im suprised its still attached to the moorings...At least i was smart and took the engine off before the storm. To bad i didnt take the hole damn thing out

Looking at it the design looks pretty similar to my quicksilver - I would guess that the rings are attached to different chambers.

If you are really unlucky the ring/patch may have ripped out and made a split - on the other hand it may just be a dodgy valve but the valve cap would have had to come out as well.....

To be honest I don't like the way these towing eye things are attached - I suppose on a SIB there is no other way though!!!
Old 14 October 2005, 07:03   #8

ok its common sense time now

you live in the states, your boat has deflated in one chamber, you are asking folk in the uk what it might be!!!!! after the boat has been in a storm on its mooring

take the boat out of the water

pump it up
see where it is leaking from

leak test with soapy water or what ever you normally use

if you can find the damage and there is a tear, or puncture or rip then take a pic of it and post it on here so the expert patch repairers can look and advise if it can be repaired

hows that sound as a plan

otherwise how do you expect anyone to guess at what your problem might be unless they are very clever

chris
Old 14 October 2005, 07:25   #9

i just got one of the orbiting satellites to zoom in on your sib, i think from what i saw the damage might be underneath so we will have to await your investigations, however one of codders mates in a sub might be in the area and he might be able to help.....

Old 14 October 2005, 08:35   #10

Length: no boat
Quote:
i just got one of the orbiting satellites to zoom in on your sib, i think from what i saw the damage might be underneath so we will have to await your investigations, however one of codders mates in a sub might be in the area and he might be able to help.....

Although I think everything you have said is probably correct why be so cutting about it
Old 14 October 2005, 14:29   #11

Because some people have nothing better to do.............
Old 14 October 2005, 20:12   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan
Although I think everything you have said is probably correct why be so cutting about it
fair point

was trying to get some reality into the way the problem could be diagnosed and taken forward, then put another post to inject some fun and banter into it.

i could not see how what codders had put would in any way help the chap

but i have posted some fairly unhelpful posts in the past as well so point taken

codders is ripe for the strongbow effect because of the way he posts and responds yet remains an enigma and a fair few people on here think the same way.

Hey codders.....are you going to be as elusive when you get your new rib, you do realise that people will spot you and report in on who you are etc, why not show yourself now and start to make some good friends in preparation for getting out ribbing. surely you would prefer to be on the water with ribnet folks than hiden behind a name and a mask behind a pc.

i may have taken the p in the past but would be more than happy to chat and have a beer and meet on cruses as would a lot of folks on here.

something for consideration

Old 14 October 2005, 20:28   #13

I pick and choose my friends quite carefully these days - had too many stabs in the back!!!

I do NOT go to pubs - Eastenders or Corrie lifestyles not for me!!!

I tend to be a bit of an individualist - can't understand this sheep flocking mentallity!!!

When I go offroading I take a few select friends - will be the same when I go ribbing. There ARE people on here I would have no objections to meeting up with - the one's who can remain civil and choose to respect a person's right to privacy.
Old 14 October 2005, 21:31   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
I pick and choose my friends quite carefully these days - had too many stabs in the back!!!

I do NOT go to pubs - Eastenders or Corrie lifestyles not for me!!!

I tend to be a bit of an individualist - can't understand this sheep flocking mentallity!!!

When I go offroading I take a few select friends - will be the same when I go ribbing. There ARE people on here I would have no objections to meeting up with - the one's who can remain civil and choose to respect a person's right to privacy.
your comments about being stabbed in the back is very interesting, not sure why people would do that unless you have been very unlucky or given them reason to...

i guess i am too thick skinned to care but never really noticed anyone doing it and if they have and kept it secret i would not care either.....water off a ducks back as they say..lifes too short

only go to pubs myself if it is for a social meeting like the church or today at the pub after golf or when meeting someone for lunch so hopefully i dont resemble folks from eastenders or corrie....godforbid

now your comments about being an individualist are interesting too, if this is the case then why do you always want to share information and inform and be very active on here if you are very careful about your friends and want to remain so private.....you are very keen to share information that you think will impress people...you want to show how much you know about certain subjects.....you are looking for an outlet in your life and i suspect ribnet is your escape...this is quite revealing about your true character compared to the one you like to portray

this post of yours has been quite revealing i must admit, some things dont add up and this helps make the picture clearer

anyway codders, i may take the p some times and come across a bit rude but is just in fun and jest and is directed at codprawn the character you have created and not at you the private individual...

If you are as mature in years and life as you portray then i know you will understand this

take care
Old 14 October 2005, 22:26   #15

Town: Somerset
Make: Halmatic P22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn

I am given to understand that offroad "sheep flocking" is still illegal in Wales - despite the prevalence of this activity throughout the colony. The legal right to privacy does not therefore apply.
Old 14 October 2005, 22:39   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate
I am given to understand that offroad "sheep flocking" is still illegal in Wales - despite the prevalence of this activity throughout the colony. The legal right to privacy does not therefore apply.

"The prevalence of this activity throughout the colony" will not continue much longer with Blair and his cronies in power - remember FUN is banned - just look at Windemere!!!
Old 14 October 2005, 22:40   #17

Quote:
ok its common sense time now

you live in the states, your boat has deflated in one chamber, you are asking folk in the uk what it might be!!!!! after the boat has been in a storm on its mooring

take the boat out of the water

pump it up
see where it is leaking from

leak test with soapy water or what ever you normally use

if you can find the damage and there is a tear, or puncture or rip then take a pic of it and post it on here so the expert patch repairers can look and advise if it can be repaired

hows that sound as a plan

otherwise how do you expect anyone to guess at what your problem might be unless they are very clever

chris

I got a better idea.....If you have nothing good to say dont say anything at all dumbass. Id take the boat outa the water but I unlike some of you people go to school and work which leaves me no free time to....and i said id post pics....and whats having to do with livin in the U.S. anything? not like ud come help me in the U.K.
Old 14 October 2005, 22:46   #18

Quote:
I got a better idea.....If you have nothing good to say dont say anything at all dumbass. Id take the boat outa the water but I unlike some of you people go to school and work which leaves me no free time to....and i said id post pics....and whats having to do with livin in the U.S. anything? not like ud come help me in the U.K.
think about the question you posted, how on earth can anyone help you with an answer when you post such an open question with no information that helps..

here is one for you

i have put my jigsaw somewhere in the garage, do you know where it might be? can you help?

also your caption of my advice where you said if i have nothing better to say...., if you have a better plan that will help you find the problem i would love to hear it. Perhaps having codders look at a picture of your boat model on the web to see what it looks like will prove to be very useful and help solve your dilemma

keep up with the schooling and dont take any time off my friend..

Point taken?
Old 14 October 2005, 22:48   #19

The difference is I TRIED to help - it is only natural to worry when you notice something is wrong - could be 1001 reasons why he can't get to inspect in yet!!!
Old 14 October 2005, 22:51   #20

Quote:
your comments about being stabbed in the back is very interesting, not sure why people would do that unless you have been very unlucky or given them reason to...

you are very keen to share information that you think will impress people...you want to show how much you know about certain subjects.....

anyway codders, i may take the p some times and come across a bit rude but is just in fun and jest and is directed at codprawn the character you have created and not at you the private individual...

If you are as mature in years and life as you portray then i know you will understand this

take care
The only reason they have had is because I have been way too trusting - never again!!

As to trying to impress people I don't think offering advice about a split tube on a dinghy quite counts - ever thought maybe I was trying to HELP???

Fair enough on the last remark - just been getting way too personal on here lately - and no it's NOT just you - there are far worse culprits!!!