Old 17 July 2012, 14:41   #31

Town: Lancashire
Length: 5m +
Was the boat pumped up when you viewed it at the dealer?
Get some pics up of the valves to see if anyone can help.

Old 17 July 2012, 14:51   #32

Town: South West
Boat name: Das Boot
Make: Honwave T40
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu, 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWman
Was the boat pumped up when you viewed it at the dealer?
Get some pics up of the valves to see if anyone can help.
That's the assumption I was possible incorrectly making and why I'm thinking they may have left then open. Would be extremely odd of every value to be knackered.

It's possible the valves are not tightend up. I had a tube that deflated in a few hours and it turned out the valve hadn't be tightened correctly. Oddly it warns you of that in the manual but doesnt give any instructions on how to go about tightening them!

My dealer has managed to solve all my probs like that over the phone. Might be worth asking their advice, one of the guys there knows loads about them. John Bridger marine in Exeter.

Good luck

Old 17 July 2012, 15:55   #33

Town: South Yorkshire
Boat name: Sold it !
Length: 3m +
Engine: Totallyhotsue 9.8 2S
Have you sent Viking Marine a link to this thread? Sounds like they don't give two hoots so thanks for the avoid warning.
Old 17 July 2012, 17:58   #34
RIBnet admin team

Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
RIBase
When a new member joins and exclusively posts complaints about a single company, I always wonder...

I wonder are they really asking our opinion or just using RIBnet as a stick -flailing away at the company?
I wonder what they were like to do business with?

I had a client today who complained about the product. We checked the product in their presence and there was no problem. Really no problem. Even they couldn't find a problem. Then they didn't like my attitude, which was "Er, what problem?" They really wanted a different (pricier) product in exchange but by now the problem was my attitude. Tomorrow they'll be on the interweb havering about me.

I won't be replying
Old 18 July 2012, 01:25   #35

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: snagglepuss
Make: Shetland
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90 hp Outboard
Ok, as dealer of these boats I feel its time to make a few points.

1: Your account and theirs is very different as I have been speaking to the person with the initials of LE and though I have not met him in person he does sound like an honest bloke trying to make an honest living. What is also not in dispute is that there are 2 sides to every story.
2: I can show you pictures of a faulty pump that i took in after the guy who had bought a honwave on the internet had a faulty pump and oonly found this out when he was 200 miles from home on the shores of loch lomond. It is only a few minutes work, so not a big deal and no money changed hands. So why when it is so easy to do would

a: your dealer be so angry with you they would not spend 5 minutes of their time sorting this out
b: have you not gone to any other Honda dealer to ask them to sort it out under warranty

Maybe I am 100% wrong in this but even if I had not been speaking to them about other things that are not Honda related ( more on that soon) it does seem a bit strange that they would rarther you take them to court than fill in a warranty claim that would take a matter of a few minutes.
Old 18 July 2012, 04:09   #36

Town: Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
When a new member joins and exclusively posts complaints about a single company, I always wonder...

I wonder are they really asking our opinion or just using RIBnet as a stick -flailing away at the company?
I wonder what they were like to do business with?

I had a client today who complained about the product. We checked the product in their presence and there was no problem. Really no problem. Even they couldn't find a problem. Then they didn't like my attitude, which was "Er, what problem?" They really wanted a different (pricier) product in exchange but by now the problem was my attitude. Tomorrow they'll be on the interweb havering about me.
Agreed!

I have also had the same problem, the guy ended up on a van forum with every complaint under the sun. Left him to it as anyone with common sense knows there is two sides to a story! Its just frustrating
Old 18 July 2012, 06:18   #37
SPR
Trade member

Town: Central Belt of Scotland
Boat name: Puddleduck III
Make: Bombard
Engine: 50 HP
techicinally there is 3 sides to every story

1) complainer
2) dealer
3) the truth

lol

S.
Old 18 July 2012, 06:33   #38

Town: Grimsby
Boat name: Honwave 35
Make: honda
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda 10hp tiller
Gentlemen, I couldn't agree more that it's an odd scenario - what I can say is I have the emails from Viking in which they actually say it was 'sold as seen' and 'inspected'. Difficult to dispute it in writing!

As trading standards & consumer direct have pointed out it is not legal for a business to do this.

I am unable to explain why they take that stance, that's their choice. I have directed them to the OFT website which states all of this is illegal - but still they stick to their guns. Bonkers.

Never ind, these thigns are sent to try us.

cheers all for your input.

Matt