Old 25 February 2010, 23:20   #11

Length: 4m +
thanks

thanks for all the comments and tips guys, i'm trying to restore the elasticity of the rubber or (PVC?) the previous owner used it on salt water. but overall the condition is fairly good./ kelson are you from SD?, i actually bought the boat in Point Loma,San diego CA. , i'm from yuma AZ. / stabond is a good product,gives a strong bond, i used hair dryer to minimize humidity, cures completely after 18hrs.,
i'm gonna try it on the lake this saturday and see what happens. i bought a $25 trolling motor in a yard sale,hope it works fine, 40lbs thrust. let's see, i'll post pics.

Bigmuz7, LOL! yeah ,need to make my dad busy,my parents are here for a visit ,theyr'e from NY, they want to experience the AZ heat for a change. thanks!

Old 26 February 2010, 10:52   #12

Town: San Diego
Make: zodiac futura mk2
Engine: Nissan 40 plus
Hmmm, I'm not too sure about that hair dryer technique. Sta Bond works pretty well in quite a wide range of conditions, but even in Yuma the humidity can get higher than you want. Particularly for critical bonds that need their maximum strength you will want to stay on top of this. I either wait for better conditions or use a dehumidifier in an enclosed space. Sta Bond does not cure in 18 hours. It may have a decent bond in 18 hours, but full cure is 7 days. Most repair shops won't release repaired boats for 48 hours at a minimum. You really should read the instructions at the link provided before doing more than a small patch. You don't want to go to the effort to make a major repair and have it peel. High heat can re activate the glue so you will want to avoid exposing repairs to a lot of heat or direct sunlight until they are cured.

So why is there a strap around the tubes at the transom?

I'm sure you will have a great time with your inflatable and welcome to club. I'll bet it won't be long until you will be looking for the biggest outboard your boat is rated for!

Old 26 February 2010, 15:31   #13

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Engine: Honda BF50
Hi Robster. Is the water cooler there to be installed in the boat?
Old 27 February 2010, 22:11   #14

pic

do you inflate or deflate your inflatable when you will store it for a long period of time? what's your idea?
and on these pics ,i used sander to smoothen sun damaged part of the boat and remove old adhesives,works fine. http://img222.imageshack.us/g/dsc08524r.jpg/