Old 21 July 2014, 06:20   #1

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
new honwave

well after struggling with the weight of my zodiac futura fastroller and yam 25 I swapped the 25 for a mercury 15 (nice and light) and tried it on a bombard aerotec lighter to carry but I felt the air deep v type floor was creating too much drag and the combo was not performing its best think the aerotec really needs a 20-25 hp anyway this weekend I tried it on a new honwave t32 ie airfloor .well the honwave is as light as a feather I didn't have launch wheels but me and the mrs had no problem walking into the water with it .with the mercury 15 strapped to the back it absolutely flew instantly onto the plane and felt very spritely. a very small amount of prop slip when turning hard with an open throttle but my prop has some chips out of it where I hit a rock last week.but it was so slight I can live with it and later in the day when the loch went flat water like a mirror I clocked 24 mph on the gps .overall for the princely sum of £850 delivered I am very pleased. until I was cleaning it off before deflating and discovered a leak looks like a manufacturing fault in the material the airfloor is made of . on the underneath there is a small line where the fabric is showing through the rubberised surface and small bubbles were evident I took some pics and will be contacting mailspeed marine today as its only a week old and has only been in the water an hour or so.