Old 22 June 2013, 07:24   #11

Town: Texas
Length: 3m +
A few miles off will be okay land is not far.. if anything happens I will just go full throttle to the beach.

@ Nos4r2, that is what the coast guard is for, if anything happens we just call them here and they pick us up.

Old 22 June 2013, 07:42   #12
RIBnet admin team

Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjack87 View Post
A few miles off will be okay land is not far.. if anything happens I will just go full throttle to the beach.

@ Nos4r2, that is what the coast guard is for, if anything happens we just call them here and they pick us up.
ooohh look - popcorn!

Old 22 June 2013, 07:49   #13

We were out in a decent sea state 3 or a gay 4 and I was shocked how much throttle we were using when it was rough tohatsu 18.....we were 600 yards out...you'll be a brave man at ten miles
Old 22 June 2013, 07:54   #14

Town: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by woz72 View Post
We were out in a decent sea state 3 or a gay 4 and I was shocked how much throttle we were using when it was rough tohatsu 18.....we were 600 yards out...you'll be a brave man at ten miles
The seas must get rough in the UK they do get some rollers here but nothing that a smaller zodiac couldn't handle. I'm kidding about the coast guard thank you for the helpful information to those that actually have used a small inflatable before (the guys with less than 500 posts), now the guys with 1,000's of post I dont think I should trust you due to the fact that you probably spend more time posting on the forums from books you read than actually on the water!
Old 22 June 2013, 07:57   #15

Quote:

The seas must get rough in the UK they do get some rollers here but nothing that a smaller zodiac couldn't handle. I'm kidding about the coast guard thank you for the helpful information to those that actually have used a small inflatable before (the guys with less than 500 posts), now the guys with 1,000's of post I dont think I should trust you due to the fact that you probably spend more time posting on the forums from books you read than actually on the water!
Hold on I'll stick some ground coffee on sit back and watch you get ya pants pulled down!!!!
Old 22 June 2013, 08:13   #16
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
RIBase
Quote:
Not if you're upside down, broken down or chopped up by the propeller you won't.

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2013, 08:16   #17
RIBnet admin team

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
Not if you're upside down, broken down or chopped up by the propeller you won't.
No, he'll be fine. I've reconsidered my earlier advice
Old 22 June 2013, 08:17   #18

Town: St Helens
Boat name: Wine Down
Make: Maxum
Length: 8m +
Engine: Inboard
Quote:
I said exactly the same as Nos4r2, but cos i'm a newbie and British I was trying to be polite

I will rephrase my post:

If you go 10 miles offshore in that boat you will get in trouble, the kind of trouble that can be very very final.

I seriously hope your comment about the Coastguard was a joke ? Putting peoples lives at risk because you don't have the right gear/equipment/experience for the job is stupid, selfish and in some circumstances criminal.

I have used the exact boat you are looking at, I got caught in the middle of Poole Harbour with wind over tide and heavy rain (Never further than 1 mile from land) and barely made it back. I was down to 1/2kts at times and was shipping more water over the bow than we could bail out. Its a good job we were fit teenagers at the time or I doubt we would have made it.

You need to change your cruising ideas or get a bigger boat.
Old 22 June 2013, 08:20   #19
RIBnet admin team

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlockedpirate View Post
I said exactly the same as Nos4r2, but cos i'm a newbie and British I was trying to be polite

I will rephrase my post:

If you go 10 miles offshore in that boat you will get in trouble, the kind of trouble that can be very very final.

I seriously hope your comment about the Coastguard was a joke ? Putting peoples lives at risk because you don't have the right gear/equipment/experience for the job is stupid, selfish and in some circumstances criminal.

I have used the exact boat you are looking at, I got caught in the middle of Poole Harbour with wind over tide and heavy rain (Never further than 1 mile from land) and barely made it back. I was down to 1/2kts at times and was shipping more water over the bow than we could bail out. Its a good job we were fit teenagers at the time or I doubt we would have made it.

You need to change your cruising ideas or get a bigger boat.
But other than those minor issues, would you recommend the aluminium or the wooden floor?
Old 22 June 2013, 08:32   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post

But other than those minor issues, would you recommend the aluminium or the wooden floor?
Wood so it rots away when he gets rescued???