Got the new gearbox on
Took her out for a run, all seems well. It's weird driving it with a complete skeg, never had one before! Much easier to turn, still need to sort out the torque steer though, unbelievably sore in the choppy stuff we've got just now. Was blowy out and as said quite choppy, still I managed 51.5 knots, I couldn't hold her flat for more than a couple of seconds without starting to lift so I reckon there's still more. We cut down the timing link a wee bit so I run more advance, closer to 24 degrees.
Also the new gearbox obviously doesn't have the exhaust mod yet, so acceleration was pretty poor with the overhub chopper. Going to drill it out, open to interesting ideas for the exhaust mod. Was thinking maybe 2x 1" holes on either side, so 4 holes instead of 2. Not sure if it's strong enough then though.