Old 26 September 2008, 11:40   #11

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider Boats
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 18 /30 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddles View Post
Hello Locozodiac, thanks for the valued input.

I will measure the transom height and let you know, but certainly the engine IS too low. On the rib, it had the anticav plate level with the very bottom of the vhull rubbing strake. absolutely no splash at all.
Yes, I am sure you are correct that transom height is the cure. On my honwave, the transom is composite, the best way looks to be to make a 1.5mm stainless plate in a u section to fit over the transom extending down to below the outboat fixing plates, the fixing plates then fitted to the stainless, I will get the welder out . That should be a neat looking job. I will add an appropriately sized teak block under the stainless above the transom. Another job for the winter sunshine ho hum .
It was a nice job you did on your transom by the way, looks good.
Ruds
Hi Ruds

You are welcome, definitely fixing a stainless steel plate would be much easier job than to raise the transom. Anyway check the toh parameters and begin with the lowest 5 cm from anticav plate to sibs botton (end of transom).

Happy Sibbing

Old 27 September 2008, 21:13   #12

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider Boats
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 18 /30 HP
Toh 18 Splash & Tube Diameter

Forgot to mention that Toh's 18 will gime more splash problems on sibs with 40/42 tubes with 38 transoms than 45 tubes with 38 transoms, least of all splashing probs is on larger sibs with 50 tubes with 38 transoms as the engine will be more out of water than on previous 40/42/45 tube sibs. This splash prob is a exhaust design prob, compared to, yamies has more round exhaust tails than rectangular Tohs tails, so keep in mind the manufacturer recommended heights from boat's bottom to anticavitation plate for best sib performance and fuel economy.

Happy Subbing