Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Inflatable boats - SIBs and folding RIBs
Click Here to Login

Old 05 July 2017, 14:18   #1

Length: under 3m
Mercury 240 rollup conversion to plywood floor

anyone ever do it? I have a full floorboard setup from a 10ft mercury I think I can get to work(and looks like it was designed to) bt removing one specific section of the floor. I also have the inflatable keel from that boat I figured I could roll the tail end up and glue to make is shorter. Any thoughts? Worried about blowing out floor seams, but looking at all the specs of the "Sport" vs rollup slat floor for 2006 they appear identical other than floor.... Thanks!
Old 05 July 2017, 15:09   #2

Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnleduc View Post
anyone ever do it? I have a full floorboard setup from a 10ft mercury I think I can get to work(and looks like it was designed to) bt removing one specific section of the floor. I also have the inflatable keel from that boat I figured I could roll the tail end up and glue to make is shorter. Any thoughts? Worried about blowing out floor seams, but looking at all the specs of the "Sport" vs rollup slat floor for 2006 they appear identical other than floor.... Thanks!
There's more floor material on the keel equipped model to form the "V" bottom with the keel.

Won't work.
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 July 2017, 15:15   #3

Length: under 3m
Thanks, That's what I was afraid of....how do you think it would ride with just the plywood floor? i'd be worried about the extra weight without the advantage of a v-hull shape...