Old 24 August 2014, 14:40   #1

Town: Horley
Make: Yamaha 3.1 STI
Length: 3m +
Engine: 9.8 Tohatsu 2 stroke
May I have a little rant

Argh
If I moan any more about sibs at home my wife says she will open a ebay account and put all my boating gear on for £10.00 buy it now,
So here goes
Got a honwave airdeck happy with that
Bought a bravo 12bst hp as the airdeck is too hard to blow up with a foot pump, took my rig on 2 boating hoildays this year and first one the pumped worked for 5 mins and the blew up, got it repaired and it lasted 30 seconds before it sounded like a bag of spanners so no boating as I'd left the foot pump at home both times, also had major agg with the wife as the boat will only fit in my outlander which she hates as the seats are to hard
Bought some of them expensive transom wheels from pacer marine, wheels were useless on anything other than Tarmac, bought some ballon tyres from wheeleeze which are great but had to get the transome axles lengthened, total cost another £180
Super annoyed that the coiles pacer supplied we're not stainless steel and not have horrible rust marks on the airdeck floor
I seem to have spent the whole year shelling out for 1 hours boating
Spose I'm ready for 2015
Oh and watch out if you capsize a honwave airdeck as the transom wheel pins will fall out and your wheels will float off(don't ask)

Love sibbing, and sorry for moaning
Old 24 August 2014, 15:24   #2

Town: Galway
Boat name: Top Banana
Make: Scorpion 9m
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 421STI
MMSI: Yeah right!
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhitchuk View Post
Argh
If I moan any more about sibs at home my wife says she will open a ebay account and put all my boating gear on for £10.00 buy it now,
So here goes
Bought a bravo 12bst hp as the airdeck is too hard to blow up with a foot pump, took my rig on 2 boating hoildays this year and first one the pumped worked for 5 mins and the blew up, got it repaired and it lasted 30 seconds before it sounded like a bag of spanners so no boating as I'd left the foot pump at home both times, also had major agg with the wife as the boat will only fit in my outlander which she hates as the seats are to hard
Bought some of them expensive transom wheels from pacer marine, wheels were useless on anything other than Tarmac, bought some ballon tyres from wheeleeze which are great but had to get the transome axles lengthened, total cost another £180
Super annoyed that the coiles pacer supplied we're not stainless steel and not have horrible rust marks on the airdeck floor
Spose I'm ready for 2015
Oh and watch out if you capsize a honwave airdeck as the transom wheel pins will fall out and your wheels will float off(don't ask)

Yeah, but what a fantastic hour it was....
Old 24 August 2014, 15:31   #3

Town: Chorley / Holyhead
Boat name: Northwind Challenger
Make: Tornado
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mariner 115 efi CT
MMSI: 235080598
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Festinghouse
you have a good bitch and moan on here, as it would be a shame to have your toys taken off you at this stage! its sad to say that a lot of things bought nowadays simply arent up to the job, and need either replacing or modifying, but i feel its worth saying that you need to really give yourself time to try things out at home, and always consider the what ifs, and secure everything - for example the pins which could have been drilled and had some thin chord tied through them. anyhow, keep quiet to the mrs and lets hope your luck improves soon.
Old 24 August 2014, 15:46   #4

Town: Sticks, N.Yorks
Boat name: Tamanco
Make: Honwave 3.5AE
Engine: Tohatsu Outboard
It's a boat thing !
Put my boat in the water after 50 weeks looking forward to another two weeks of fun just like last August..... Twetting 135 that ran like a sewing machine last year ran lumpy and was a pig to start for 12 1/2 days in spite of 6 new plugs (£25), Redex, drained carbs etc etc barely got me out on skis but was ok for the wife/kids which led to the questioning of my full English each morning.
Anchored the thing off the beach on the second to last day where it got a bit of a battering & bugger me if it didn't fly for a day & a half. Obviously dislodged the microscopic crap in the carbs... huge grin for a few hours.
Got down to Clyde Outboards to pick up my 15hp Mercury on the way home & get my 20hp Tohatsu first serviced. While there I asked Cameron to change the gearbox oil on the 135 & water drained out so came home minus the gearbox....

Still wonder what I did with my money before I had kids/boats .....
Old 24 August 2014, 15:50   #5

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
It's only Late August...still plenty of time!
If you want to Moan...Crack on!....and if moaning on here still doesn't do it for you...and make you feel A lot better!!....You can always get Rid!.......of the Wife!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2014, 15:50   #6

Town: Galway
Boat name: Top Banana
Make: Scorpion 9m
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 421STI
MMSI: Yeah right!
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddlers View Post
Still wonder what I did with my money before I had kids/boats .....
Women and beer?
Old 24 August 2014, 16:22   #7
RIBnet supporter

Town: Newcastle
Boat name: Merlin
Make: RB4 Gemini 550
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 90C
Quote:
Argh
So here goes
Spose I'm ready for 2015

Just a suggestion - but drill out the end of the wheel pins and get a stainless steel R clip through the hole.
Old 24 August 2014, 17:26   #8
Redbay supporter

Town: onn de moov
Boat name: bote
Make: kevvin
Length: 4m +
Engine: jett dryve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Festinghouse View Post
you have a good bitch

shee downt sownd lyke a gud bittch too mee yew nobbur

Quote:
my wife says she will open a ebay account and put all my boating gear on for £10.00 buy it now.

Wher doo I beegin?😃
wiLlfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2014, 20:01   #9

Yo luv that chat homeboy, you must lend me that gangster rap mix tape!
Old 25 August 2014, 00:09   #10

Town: south west
Length: under 3m
Quote:
Argh
So here goes
Spose I'm ready for 2015

We all have a run of bad luck sometimes
If you want some thing that will do the job just make it your self at least then it isnt mass produced and lacking in quality and will do the job you want it to do .

I have just spent the past 6 mths getting my hard boat ready for some decent fishing time , i have replaced the trailer - engine - nav lights - vhf - gps - and a load of other ods and sods also sorted out the sib and outboard.
We managed a few good trips and smoothed out the nigly faults but now the gear box go on the van has gone
So now i cant tow the hard boat or take the sib out and have another 4 weeks before i can get the van sorted for another 1k - and ime stuck with a borrowed smart car to get to work
And yes i have tried to fit the sib in the smart car but no it wont fit
it comes to us all
Old 25 August 2014, 01:41   #11

As said earlier "what an hour" and that's true, when you are from an island nation the briny is in your blood and you will always be back for more
Old 25 August 2014, 01:44   #12

Love the replies, thank you all
Old 25 August 2014, 07:09   #13

Town: Derry/Southampton
Boat name: Jumpin Jack
Make: Redbay
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 200 Opti
Let me know please before your wife lists the gear on ebay, will make sure am logged on!! Lol
Old 26 August 2014, 17:40   #14

Town: Cardiff
Length: no boat
Quote:
Argh
So here goes
Spose I'm ready for 2015

SOund slike a lot of faff and expense....
Why not get an electric pump?
Why not a trailer for the Sib?
Or a bigger sib with a bigger motor 3m and 15hp on a trailer?
Or why not get a rib on trailer?
You could tow it behind wifes car?
OR buy a new car? or a new wife?

These options listed in increasing cost order...........
Old 26 August 2014, 19:45   #15

Im getting sorted now, was new to all this having had moored boats before, it seems you have to go through a few sib and engine packages before you find the one that suits you, I have now joined a club with its own slip as launching off the beach is just not for me, which now leaves me in the position that I now longer need to deploy from the boot of my car, will carry on for the rest of this year with my current package but next year I think I will be looking at a 4m rib with a min of a 25hp on it probably a yam and a trailer, not exactly competing with the big boys but I feel it will have enough power for blasting about towing the grandchildren and a bit of fishing for me
Old 27 August 2014, 20:19   #16

Quote:
Im getting sorted now, was new to all this having had moored boats before, it seems you have to go through a few sib and engine packages before you find the one that suits you, I have now joined a club with its own slip as launching off the beach is just not for me, which now leaves me in the position that I now longer need to deploy from the boot of my car, will carry on for the rest of this year with my current package but next year I think I will be looking at a 4m rib with a min of a 25hp on it probably a yam and a trailer, not exactly competing with the big boys but I feel it will have enough power for blasting about towing the grandchildren and a bit of fishing for me
Good plan, aim for 4m and 25-40hp perhaps even a leisure layout rather than the cramped jockey layout.
Old 27 August 2014, 20:23   #17

Leisure all the way, thxs for the tip
Old 27 August 2014, 21:00   #18

Something like
or

or