Looking for advice
I'm looking for some advice on an inflatable boat that I can use for fishing and runabout use. I need something that is fairly portable so I can throw it in a pickup truck and tow a travel trailer. I was car topping a 14 foot Klamath but it got to be a hassle. Most of the time it will be used for lake use and will carry 1 or 2 adults and a large dog. I would prefer hypalon and I need a boat that will troll good as well as plane. I'm getting older and I'm thinking the largest 4 stroke I would be willing to handle is the 9.8 Tohatsu at 81.5 lbs. I would love a 2 stroke but many of the lakes I fish won't allow them(Welcome to California). Here are my questions:
1. The Achilles 10 foot boat with the roll up aluminum floor looks good but will it plane with the 9.8 and is this type of floor stable or not? Anyone have one?
2. Would a 10 foot folding RIB be a better choice for my use?
3. How are the boats with the high pressure air floors with dogs?
4. If I decided to go with one of the lighter single cylinder 4 strokes in the 6hp range, would it plane a boat in the 10 foot range and how well do they troll(vibration)?
5. Would I be better off with a wood floor for my uses?
The plan would be to show up to the shorline, set up the boat and motor with one person and hit the water. I also plan on pulling the boat partially on shore for the night so I'm not sure which bottom can handle that. I would appreciate any input from you guys on what you think? Thanks!