alt

Town: Galway, West Eire
Make: Cranchi
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2 x Volvo KAD300
Send a message via MSN to alt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian parkes View Post

Iam jealous thats a very very nice toy . Iam almost tempted to sell my yam fazer for one of those . In fact if we have another wet summer I probably will .

have you managed to find a new tohatsu 50 . I got the impression that although there are none available there must be some kept back for the zap cat racers .
I am getting my whole package from Ceasar Marine, Nauti Bouy got them in touch with me (Yes, they rang me.. probably because they knew theyd make a sale!). They are sorting out everything. They are supplying the boat, trailer and engine. It's the basic carb 50hp pull-start. Bullet proof and not much to go wrong!

I've been harping on about getting a toy for ages now. All my mates have Jetski's and while they're fun, you get bored of them quick and they cost a fortune to run, so I went with something a little different! I'll upload some more pics when she arrives
Old 25 February 2008, 21:22   #22

Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Length: 4m +
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by alt View Post
I am getting my whole package from Ceasar Marine, Nauti Bouy got them in touch with me (Yes, they rang me.. probably because they knew theyd make a sale!). They are sorting out everything. They are supplying the boat, trailer and engine. It's the basic carb 50hp pull-start. Bullet proof and not much to go wrong!

I've been harping on about getting a toy for ages now. All my mates have Jetski's and while they're fun, you get bored of them quick and they cost a fortune to run, so I went with something a little different! I'll upload some more pics when she arrives

Yes i fancied a jetski untill i hired one on holiday , it didn't do much for me at all .

Iam not far from ceasar marine if you are coming over to collect it , so if you feel the need to test it before you take it home ,just incase , I know just the place .

iam sure they are keeping a supply of tohasu's just for this package because ceasar said they didn't have any last summer and couldn't get any when i enquired about a surfcat package .
Old 25 February 2008, 22:02   #23
alt

Quote:
Yes i fancied a jetski untill i hired one on holiday , it didn't do much for me at all .

Iam not far from ceasar marine if you are coming over to collect it , so if you feel the need to test it before you take it home ,just incase , I know just the place .

iam sure they are keeping a supply of tohasu's just for this package because ceasar said they didn't have any last summer and couldn't get any when i enquired about a surfcat package .
I'm having it delivered. No need to go over and inspect as it's a new package. I've been told that the cat has been put away into storage away from the public eye since i've bought it, just waiting on an engine to arrive, shouldn't be more than a week. They say that they don't order the engine until they get a deposit so they obviously don't have them in stock
Old 25 February 2008, 22:30   #24

Quote:
I'm having it delivered. No need to go over and inspect as it's a new package. I've been told that the cat has been put away into storage away from the public eye since i've bought it, just waiting on an engine to arrive, shouldn't be more than a week. They say that they don't order the engine until they get a deposit so they obviously don't have them in stock
I wonder if they are available for export only or something .

Whatever you are a lucky boy and I reckon there will be lots more jetski's being sold when your mates see the zapcat
have fun
Old 25 February 2008, 22:54   #25
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Quote:
I wonder if they are available for export only or something .
It's a racing engine-exempt from the import ban.

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2008, 02:52   #26

Town: Punta gorda Fl.
Boat name: War Machine
Make: Falcon U.S.A.
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 250 Yamaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie tuber View Post
How about a 4.7 m SIB (with Orca 866 hypalon) like this? This one is rated for up to 80hp. It's also available in 5.3m & 4.2m versions.

Tuber, I just caught a hold of your post on this thread, out boating while it's snowing? Man you must have anti freeze in your veins... I don't think even Stoo would do something like that... Then again, maybe he would... You Canucks are hardcore!!!
Old 26 February 2008, 09:28   #27

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
I was lucky enough to race one in Portugal as a "Guest" driver, they are an absolute hoot! The first thing we did was go for 3 or 4 miles down the coast to find some waves to jump, the tiller takes some holding onto with a tuned race prop I can tell you! They corner like nothing else except maybe a circuit cat.

Make sure the pressures are correct as that will seriously affect the handling, and get a bungy fitted to the tiller to compensate for the pull from the prop - that's it!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2008, 10:32   #28
alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
I was lucky enough to race one in Portugal as a "Guest" driver, they are an absolute hoot! The first thing we did was go for 3 or 4 miles down the coast to find some waves to jump, the tiller takes some holding onto with a tuned race prop I can tell you! They corner like nothing else except maybe a circuit cat.

Make sure the pressures are correct as that will seriously affect the handling, and get a bungy fitted to the tiller to compensate for the pull from the prop - that's it!

Thanks for the tips. I got a bungee cord fitted at the dealers, for the sake of £25 it saves me having to get it done another time

Any idea what pressure I should have the tubes at? The manufacturer says 3.2psi. I have a small pressure gauge that came with another small inflatable I have - I don't know if it will fit or not

Are they really as nuts as everyone says they are? Would you believe i've never even seen one in the flesh, yet i've bought one!
Old 26 February 2008, 12:24   #29

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Quote:
Thanks for the tips. I got a bungee cord fitted at the dealers, for the sake of £25 it saves me having to get it done another time

Any idea what pressure I should have the tubes at? The manufacturer says 3.2psi. I have a small pressure gauge that came with another small inflatable I have - I don't know if it will fit or not

Are they really as nuts as everyone says they are? Would you believe i've never even seen one in the flesh, yet i've bought one!
Good idea on the bungy!

The "Kicker" which is the smaller tube that the boat rides on needs to be one pressure and the "Tubes" are another - the manufacturers will know better than me!

They are completely insane, and you can even take friends out for a ride, go to the beach etc and they don't fall over stood still!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2008, 02:58   #30
alt

WEll i'm a guy that's true to my word (to myself!)

Just picked up the Thundercat from the port, it was a damn long drive, but she's now sitting at the local boat club just waiting to be run in

Will get pics early next week when I get her in the water
Old 17 March 2008, 23:12   #31
alt

Rightio, so finally got to take her for her maidan spin today. Only managed to run the engine for 1hr so i've another 9hours of breaking the engine in before I Can give her welly.

I'm impressed, handles like she's on rails and can take a bit of a chop no problem. I've a few adjustments to make (mainly tiller anode) so get her perfect but i'll do this after I get the engine run in. The engine started first pull which I find scary, but I won't complain about the engine being reliable!

Anyhow, enough talk....

Old 17 March 2008, 23:17   #32

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Looks great - do you really need the anode? Beware some engines need it - can't remember why!!!

Just look how small that 50 is - I love 2 strokes!!!
Old 17 March 2008, 23:44   #33

Makes me grin just looking at it
Old 17 March 2008, 23:55   #34
alt

codprawn - Well the anode is there for a reaon, so I reckon i'll keep it there I do however need to adjust it because she's pulling slightly to port, i'll do this when the engine is run in

ian parkes - Still a little in shock I have it, it was a total impulse buy
Old 18 March 2008, 00:14   #35

ian parkes - Still a little in shock I have it, it was a total impulse buy [/QUOTE]

Ye ye really , I bet you have had sleepless nights dreaming about one for ages .
I have , but you need an insane and reliable mate for ballast , I have 2 mates who won't go near the water with me again after a trip in a 20hp sib on a lumpy day , so one of those will probably remain on the dream toy list forever . I must say i don't fancy being a passenger in one .
Old 18 March 2008, 00:17   #36
alt

The girlfriend is going to be my copilot. However at 8 stone she's not going to be much good... might need to bring along a friend of hers too
Old 18 March 2008, 02:43   #37

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
codprawn - Well the anode is there for a reaon, so I reckon i'll keep it there I do however need to adjust it because she's pulling slightly to port, i'll do this when the engine is run in

ian parkes - Still a little in shock I have it, it was a total impulse buy
The only real reason is if the leg is left down in the water for a long time - yours will be out of the water all the time!!!
Old 18 March 2008, 03:06   #38

Town: San Carlos, Mexico
Boat name: INDE
Make: LOMAC 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 Merc.
MMSI: Please press 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey Linda
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
The only real reason is if the leg is left down in the water for a long time - yours will be out of the water all the time!!!
Don't know about the Tohatsu but on a Merc. the trim anode is part of the mechanical fixing of the gearcase to the leg. I would be very wary about removing it if this is so.
Old 18 March 2008, 10:58   #39
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
ehh... the tab is supposed to correct for the torque effect of the prop thats why it is ajustable.
Old 18 March 2008, 11:34   #40

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
err is it not there for both / all reasons?

My boat had been kept on a mooring by previous owners, and so both the trim tab and Clamp bracket anodes are almost gone, new ones on order, so I'll hopefully be able to give you a "before & after" comparison of the trim tab / anode effects soon!

The other job is now to remove about 1/4 tonne of old antifouling......