Old 07 August 2012, 00:44   #1

Town: Dublin
Boat name: Enterprise NX01
Make: Honwave
Length: 4m +
Engine: 8hp Outboard
Looking for a boat

New to the forums - and I'm pretty impressed at the friendly atmosphere here. I have no boat ... but I want one .... do I have money? ... No - BUT - I think I know what I want having done a few weeks research on that thing they call the internet (bugs me to think that humanity has abandoned old ways of research but who am I to argue).

I want a bigger sized SIB for space and room and for its ease of transport and launch anywhere properties

I have NOWHERE to put a trailor or leave the boat so it would be inflate and deflate on every trip

I think that I can (with a lot of sweat) stretch to a Honwave T40 - anything smaller just won't do and it's a pity the T40 isn't a T47! but that's the way it is

It looks like a quality boat when you compare prices albeit not the best buy if you want a buy one never change it SIB but it seems to be the best there is in terms of value for get on the water stuff

So - my question is ..... Has anyone got one that is in brilliant condition and wants to sell at a fair price? - I'm ready to buy but looking at some of the used offers out there it strikes me that they are looking for next to retail prices for a boat that might be 5 years old! - This is bizarre - I can get a new Honda T40 AE (at the cheapest price I've seen for £890 inc Vat)

Now I know the engine is the most expensive part but looking at what is being offered out there I'm almost considering buying new

Please lend me your thoughts

Regards
Gerry
Old 08 August 2012, 09:28   #2

Town: Cheshire
Make: Sea-Swift
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15hp Johnson 2Stroke
Hi Gerry, recently bought my first sib with very similar criteria to yourself and the alloy floor t40 was looking very good value to me too,about £850 was best I found new. I got very close to ordering but then picked up a secondhand seaswift 360 with alloy floor that popped up locally and hadn't had much use. I would check carefully the sizes of the bags and weights when packed up and make sure firstly that you can pick them up and that they will fit in your car, 45kg doesn't sound much until its an awkward flexible shape! I can JUST get engine,15hp 2stroke,floor and boat in back of a vectra estate with the seats up,have to ferry kids as well as toys so folding seats not an option. What I find works well is engine and boat in boot,floor panels and fuel tank,life jackets etc in a roof box for ease and a good place to throw wet stuff afterwards..plastic boot liner great for engine as it catches all the water which inevitably dribbles out and engine slides in easily. Engine wise you may struggle with anything bigger than 15hp on weight...unless you have a helper every time. My setup had to be manageable on my own. Not heard too many problems with the honwave,think the airdeck more popular as much lighter, I wanted alloy floor so the dog could come along! Hope that helps..Chris