Old 31 January 2012, 13:18   #11
Town: Nuneaton
Boat name: gnasher
Make: sr5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: hidea 5 yam 90
i`d deffo want what i`d ordered...we use foam ones for wifey and the kids with crotch strap and whistles i personally use an bouyancy aid as i canoe too... i guess it comes down to how far out your going and with ten hosses on a 3m boat (like me) i wouldn`t want to go too far, so i`m guessing your pootling around a bay and up and down rivers . can everyone swim is possibly a more sensible question.. theres some excellent advice on the forums as regards to kit to carry for the sea, first aid kit,wet bags with clothes etc ...... personally before i take to the sea `proppa` i`d like to buddy up with some one who goes regularly so they can give some good advice and any failings in kit ...

bingosucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 February 2012, 12:12   #12
Make: Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: 9.9 Hosses!
Thanks very much for all the great advice I finally emailed them this evening and have given them the chance to make good, if they offer me a straight replacement for the 2 autos I will I think just return them and get a refund on them! Its a lot of grief for me to get to a post office to return them and to be honest im just pleased I didnt use them.......... I was talking to someone today about what might of happened had I gone in the drink expecting it to inflate!

NWC100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 February 2012, 13:03   #13
Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard, Y-162
Make: Aerotec 380, Y-Class
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
Regardless of the wrong order, under the distance selling regs you can return anything bought online or by phone for a full refund if you notify the seller within 7 working days. Not many people realise this includes the postage to you *and* the cost of return postage (all deemed to be part of the contract for a 'distance sale'). It is the selling company's obligation to arrange collection from you. The law on this is very robust - you do not even need to return the goods to them to obtain the refund, it is their obligation to request or collect them.

The UK's Distance Selling Regulations

Max... is offline   Reply With Quote