Old 26 April 2016, 13:38   #1

Town: cardiff
Length: no boat
launching from beach new to boats

Hi guys i have just bought myself a honda honwave t30 and a tohatsu 9.8 2 stroke. in the summer i will be going to lyme regis in devon for a week and will be wanting to use the boat most days. To launch my boat each day i believe it will cost 18 pounds. I am looking into buying the honwave launch wheels. my question is it legal to launch a boat like this from that sort of beach? as i do not want to be spending 18 pound a day.

thanks in advance
jack.
Old 26 April 2016, 14:22   #2

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
100% legal.
Easy launch on town Beach (left of slip) IF WEATHER IS GOOD! .....on hard sand most of the way.
You can drive up and dump the Boat,but will have to then park up before launching.I suggest you get there EARLY! Lyme in the summer is a Ball ache for parking..
Don't know the size of your party,but it's a lot easier with more hands.
Otherwise pay your fees and use the slip and Harbour...You MAY be able do a deal with the Harbourmaster to use the pontoons,which are there all summer or if your really lucky a mooring
Keep off Monmouth Beach to the West as its more exposed and steeper,longer to walk....and over big pebbles.
Charmouth and Seatown are worth a look too
Weather and a good forecast is the main thing...but you have the Harbour/slip as a fallback option.
Launching from Lyme also entitles you to use the Harbour and facilities at Westbay...never been asked for proof but much better Food and Pubs!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2016, 14:51   #3

Town: cardiff
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
100% legal.
Easy launch on town Beach (left of slip) IF WEATHER IS GOOD! .....on hard sand most of the way.
You can drive up and dump the Boat,but will have to then park up before launching.I suggest you get there EARLY! Lyme in the summer is a Ball ache for parking..
Don't know the size of your party,but it's a lot easier with more hands.
Otherwise pay your fees and use the slip and Harbour...You MAY be able do a deal with the Harbourmaster to use the pontoons,which are there all summer or if your really lucky a mooring
Keep off Monmouth Beach to the West as its more exposed and steeper,longer to walk....and over big pebbles.
Charmouth and Seatown are worth a look too
Weather and a good forecast is the main thing...but you have the Harbour/slip as a fallback option.
Launching from Lyme also entitles you to use the Harbour and facilities at Westbay...never been asked for proof but much better Food and Pubs!
thanks very much for the information looking forward to the summer, i may ask the harbour master to see if i can get a mooring.

jack