Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 21 February 2013, 04:28   #31
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: ShaarkBait
Make: Zodiac 3.6 FR
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 9.9 4-stroke
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchiguy View Post
Sorry to dredge this up again, but did anyone have any thoughts about the difference between the PU and non-PU tyre options? Going to get some of these for the cadet.
Just wondering if you have ordered these? Interested in the shipping time and initial thoughts.

Whilst top of my boat expenditure list, other priorities means that I'm going to have to put this purchase off as late as possible so need to get it right first time. Hence my interest in your purchase.
__________________

__________________
IanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2013, 13:05   #32
RIBnet supporter
 
gotchiguy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,948
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
Just wondering if you have ordered these? Interested in the shipping time and initial thoughts.

Whilst top of my boat expenditure list, other priorities means that I'm going to have to put this purchase off as late as possible so need to get it right first time. Hence my interest in your purchase.
Not quite yet I'm afraid. No rush for us either but will probably do so in the next couple of weeks.
__________________
gotchiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2013, 07:08   #33
RIBnet supporter
 
gotchiguy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,948
RIBase
Tried to order these this morning, very difficult to get the address in properly

Will try again later
__________________
gotchiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2013, 07:43   #34
RIBnet supporter
 
gotchiguy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,948
RIBase
Ordered. Shipped with DHL, should only take a couple of days
__________________
gotchiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2013, 02:45   #35
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: ShaarkBait
Make: Zodiac 3.6 FR
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 9.9 4-stroke
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 364
Thanks for update. Look forward to hearing your experience with these.
__________________
IanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2013, 06:25   #36
Member
 
martini's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Length: 8m +
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t
MMSI: 235067688
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchiguy View Post
Ordered. Shipped with DHL, should only take a couple of days
So which ones have you gone for?
Supposed to be making my own but its been on the list for 2 years already

Sent from my portable speaking device using Rib.net
__________________
martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2013, 08:10   #37
RIBnet supporter
 
gotchiguy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,948
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by martini View Post
So which ones have you gone for?
Supposed to be making my own but its been on the list for 2 years already

Sent from my portable speaking device using Rib.net
The non inflatable ones. Only worry is if they don't float then we'll be getting a wet hand when we reach in to lift them up as the ones in the video pop upto the surface. Debated between the two but having the solid means no need to ever top up and no potential puncture which is non unlikely on sharp shaley beaches. These ones are very smart because they can be left on when rolled up.

Have you got any of that stainless cleaner left? We could really do with some.

No one seems to have actually posted this to the thread so might as well:
__________________
gotchiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2013, 12:16   #38
Member
 
Peter_C's Avatar
 
Country: USA
Boat name: Uh...a kayak?
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,485
Popping to the surface has the negative of when you want to put them back underwater they are buoyant and require more force to sink. I have to get in the water to put mine back under, or pull them back into place with a rope and pulley system I engineered. Getting them to the surface means cutting them loose and using generous amounts of throttle. Those look pretty simple since they are so small.
__________________
Peter_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2013, 15:18   #39
RIBnet supporter
 
gotchiguy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,948
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_C View Post
Popping to the surface has the negative of when you want to put them back underwater they are buoyant and require more force to sink. I have to get in the water to put mine back under, or pull them back into place with a rope and pulley system I engineered. Getting them to the surface means cutting them loose and using generous amounts of throttle. Those look pretty simple since they are so small.
Well I'll make my own video of them when I get them out on the water. Won't be for a few months though I could mount them to the VM next week and see how that works out.....
__________________
gotchiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2013, 03:22   #40
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: ShaarkBait
Make: Zodiac 3.6 FR
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 9.9 4-stroke
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 364
Looking forward to hearing first thoughts on build quality etc.
__________________

__________________
IanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.