Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 16 May 2011, 13:27   #11
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 802
Porthcawl, 76.40p a year ,3rd party insurance 3 million liability,fire and theft,4m sib 20hp outboard(must get that old heap changed over for my 10hp mercl)
__________________

__________________
thornbackflound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2011, 16:35   #12
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: midlands
Boat name: robeena
Make: honwave
Length: 4m +
Engine: twatsu 40
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornbackflound View Post
Porthcawl, 76.40p a year ,3rd party insurance 3 million liability,fire and theft,4m sib 20hp outboard(must get that old heap changed over for my 10hp mercl)
Ah..its fully comp... got it down to 160..
__________________

__________________
TIMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2011, 17:11   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMO View Post
Ah..its fully comp... got it down to 160..
seems a bit dear still,mine is fully comp i think?
__________________
thornbackflound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2011, 17:42   #14
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: midlands
Boat name: robeena
Make: honwave
Length: 4m +
Engine: twatsu 40
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornbackflound View Post
seems a bit dear still,mine is fully comp i think?
Hmmm ..i`ll ring araound some more... meanwhile,,, i was reading a thread the other day, about ribbing and camping places , a really good thread ,,now i cant find it,, at all ,, , and want to book up somewhere for the weekend .
__________________
TIMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2011, 18:51   #15
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bury
Boat name: O' ALCHEMY
Make: Honwave 3.8 IE
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda 15hp 4 stroke
MMSI: 235905781
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMO View Post
Hmmm ..i`ll ring araound some more... meanwhile,,, i was reading a thread the other day, about ribbing and camping places , a really good thread ,,now i cant find it,, at all ,, , and want to book up somewhere for the weekend .
Is this the one?


Rib Friendly Holidays in UK

Do you have any areas of the country that you have in mind regarding camping/ribbing?

We are Camping at Carbis bay, St Ives again this summer. Great site and easy access to 2 great slips at Hayle and Penzance, both north and south coast within 20 mins, absolutely brilliant

Jake
__________________
jake 4589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2011, 18:55   #16
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: midlands
Boat name: robeena
Make: honwave
Length: 4m +
Engine: twatsu 40
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 172
Cheers jake,thats it bro... dunno where to go yet mate..this weekend im doing tewksbury ,, just to try her out on the river ,, i have a caravan too , so will be using that for whitsun weekend,, thats why i wanted to find the thread,,, penzance is a bit too far for me ATM,,, burnham on sea maybe,,,
__________________
TIMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2011, 02:43   #17
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wilmslow
Boat name: Serotonin
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 15
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 712
On Mine the tube connecting the wheels to the transom have a bend in them so that when they are in the down position they touch the ground slightly in front of the transom if you have fitted yours the wrong way round then the wheels will touch the ground behind the transom and thus making the unit front heavy.
__________________
fred bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2011, 06:16   #18
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,610
Also with the weight, have you got fuel etc up at the bow? You may need it there when afloat to keep the nose down, but the closer it is to the transom for the land based bit the easier it will be to lift the bow.
__________________
9D280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2011, 16:41   #19
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bury
Boat name: O' ALCHEMY
Make: Honwave 3.8 IE
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda 15hp 4 stroke
MMSI: 235905781
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMO View Post
Cheers jake,thats it bro... dunno where to go yet mate..this weekend im doing tewksbury ,, just to try her out on the river ,, i have a caravan too , so will be using that for whitsun weekend,, thats why i wanted to find the thread,,, penzance is a bit too far for me ATM,,, burnham on sea maybe,,,
Might be worth a look at boatlaunch first then on UK Campsite and try and marry up a slip with a site within your travel time parameters. thats what I generally do.

Best wishes

Jake
__________________
jake 4589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2011, 17:14   #20
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: midlands
Boat name: robeena
Make: honwave
Length: 4m +
Engine: twatsu 40
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake 4589 View Post
Might be worth a look at boatlaunch first then on UK Campsite and try and marry up a slip with a site within your travel time parameters. thats what I generally do.

Best wishes

Jake
Cheers mate, im on it now
__________________

__________________
TIMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.