Old 27 June 2014, 04:02   #41

Town: NorCal
Boat name: SHARKY
Make: AB
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF75 & BF5
Just a note, running a two stroke out of the water is LOUD! The neighbors might appreciate just running a flush kit without the engine running. Unless you could possibly flush it at the slipway?

I don't dip my trailer in the salt water anymore, but even before I never washed my boats fabric. Just the contents inside the boat IE the anchor and floor boards. If I was in a similar situation to the OP I would dry the boat off before deflating and packing it up. Then just stow it away once home. Even if the boat got mold, it shouldn't hurt the fabric. The less time spent working on stuff, and the more time spent enjoying is the name of the game.
Old 27 June 2014, 10:59   #42

Town: South Coast
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 3m +
Engine: outboard
Just to throw a couple of ideas as you. If you went smaller and reigned in your ambitions and did not mind shelling out what many perceives as unreasonable high cost you could consider a torqueedo electric motor. Other electric motors problematic with batteries. Or if its about wanting to be out in the water and touring you could go for inflatable or framed kayak, many in your situation store these at home in flats, due to fold down size. Kayak electric motors often more egg whisk than engine.
Old 28 June 2014, 21:17   #43

Make: Quicksilver
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki 4hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlockedpirate View Post
Nope, not for the transom. Its a thrust board, it fits under the floor towards the bow. There will be a pocket under the airfloor to slide it through.
Spot on, thanks. It'll go twice as fast now.