Old 11 March 2014, 04:08   #21

Town: NorCal
Boat name: SHARKY
Make: AB
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF75 & BF5
Okay, so you are talking about the pieces of rubber. Got it! Mine were not in the best of shape either and one tore in half. I replaced the torn one with fabric. Those I actually just peeled back far enough to clear my repair. I did remove all the fabric strips, cleaned and reglued them.

The hull has a few patches, but that is pretty minor. Fix it, and at the least you have a good learning experience of repairing an inflatable boat. Your investment is already made. You can't loose anymore.
Old 11 March 2014, 12:02   #22

Town: Berkshire
Make: Zodiac Futura MK II
Engine: Mariner 20hp 4 Strok
Does any UK members know where I can buy a big sheet off Black PVC at a reasonable cost to cover the new and old repairs on my boat flooring inside and out?, cheapest I found so far is around the £80 mark via flea bay? Item Number 390793105480,

PVC Fabric Repair Patch Fabric for Ribs Towable Inflatable Life Raft 150x 100cm | eBay

His name is Greg and was very helpful when I telephoned him up and I am pointing to possibly purchasing the PVC from him but I am sure I can beat his price, someone please put a smile on my face, I need one,

I am also sure I can call in a friend or two to help speed up with gluing & the labouring side of things etc, as I would want to glue the whole boat in one day due to time restrictions, I just need to keep the cost down as much as possible,

I estimate I will need 1.5 meter x 1 meter to be on the safe side if I am to do everything properly and go a little extra and not being too tight with the PVC and to make sure the new repair will be held to something secure and not something worn, and I maybe glue in some extra strength supports here and there for my own piece of mind considering what I have found so far, if you going to do a job, do it properly so they say,

I just want it water tight, I don't care what it looks like where I can't see on a day to day basis, This boat is mainly for fishing purposes only, and hopefully after repairs, it will hopefully leave me a bit of PVC left for future ref,

also where can I buy a large tin of glue, lets say a liter to 2 liter, I am willing to sacrifice another £100 - £150 to have the boat fully sorted as I would loose more financially if I cut my losses, I think this is possible?

Websites, names and phone numbers please,
Old 12 March 2014, 13:46   #23

Well, dug in the pocket and splashed out today on 1 x meter of Black PVC, 1 x 500ml Glue totaling £96 so no turning back now, I purchased from the below people,

PVC Fabric - IBS Boat Supplies

I should have plenty PVC left as I only really need 2 x patches for the front of the flooring underneath the boat 25cm x 50cm as each side of the underneath is showing the same sort of wear & tear, pin hole size holes through the floor, at least I will have plenty PVC left for any unexpected surprises I may still encounter, hopefully none,

I may as well do both sides of the flooring underneath the boat together and the width 25cm is maybe 7cm - 10cm more than I really need from the center line of the boat, I just want to make sure I have enough width & strength to keep the floor together and water tight and glue it to a solid bit of the boat, and hopefully I will get another few years out of it as someone has already done the rear underneath the boat and I need to do the same to the underneath of the front of the boat,

Well back to work tomorrow so I may as well go and finish painting my seats & Paddles before the school run,
Old 12 June 2014, 01:10   #24

eventually the nice weather arrived, boat now all glues up and reinforced after £200 & approx 50 hours worth of my time over the last two months, hope I never have to do it again!
Old 12 June 2014, 05:00   #25

Town: NorCal
Boat name: SHARKY
Make: AB
Engine: Honda BF75 & BF5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun2020 View Post
eventually the nice weather arrived, boat now all glues up and reinforced after £200 & approx 50 hours worth of my time over the last two months, hope I never have to do it again!
I don't think I spent that much money repairing mine, but I was pretty darn close on the hours for complete tear down and reassembly.

Now you need to use the heck out of it to get your labor back out of it. Ironically, I think I still have more hours spent working on my boat and trailer than I have actually spent driving it.
Old 12 June 2014, 22:10   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_C View Post
I don't think I spent that much money repairing mine, but I was pretty darn close on the hours for complete tear down and reassembly.

Now you need to use the heck out of it to get your labor back out of it. Ironically, I think I still have more hours spent working on my boat and trailer than I have actually spent driving it.
At least I got there in the end, the plan is to go out this Saturday for a test run / finish running the outboard in, what happened I repaired the bits I needed to and then reinforced certain bits, I have went over the boat and trailer now inch by inch for peace of mind, replaced / repaired as required,

Basically I have refurbed the trailer and boat 90% and I have just a couple of final minor things to sort, but in theory hopefully ready to go and play for hours in it, I had some banging headaches after using that glue I know that even with a mask on,