Old 16 July 2008, 16:35   #1

Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
Hi All

HI all, new member here they have fluffed me name up its THORNBACKFLOUNDER, they have forgot the ER, LOL ,This looks a great site here,,,,,,,,,,,,i have a 2.70 m seago 3.3 marinar o/b.........fish finder ,vhf radio ,life jackets, flares ,anchor, rope, chain,,,,,,,,,i got the lot ,TROUBLE IS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i don t drive and me mates that do,,,,,,,,,,just are not intrested at all in going out,,,,,,,,,they just can t be bothered,,,,,,,,,,its sitting in my shed doing nothing for two summers nearly now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i have tried e mailing boat clubs near herne bay ,minis , storage in a lock up box paying monthly ,they not intrested,,,,,,,,,,,storage places to far from the sea............want to much money,,,,,,,,,,,,just got to find somewere to store it near the sea, not far from a train station,,,,,,,,,,,and then i could get a crew member and get fishing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ideas anyone ,please i hope someone can help, many thanks
Old 16 July 2008, 17:44   #2

Is It Because I Got The Smallest Sib?
Old 16 July 2008, 18:04   #3

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider 450 Rib
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 5/18/30 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornbackflound View Post
Is It Because I Got The Smallest Sib?
Not exactly

Sometimes it's very difficult to get a nice sibbing crew or a sibbing crew at all, in my particular case had the same problem down here, so have sold sibs to friends to go sibbing around, visited marinas to look for other sibbers as well to go sibbing around with them. Try to look for sibbers in your area, search for marinas if available, go out with best friend, girl friend, may encounter other sibbers while sibbing.

Your sib & engine is very basic, so don't go too far, coastal sib with precaution.

Happy search & Happy Sibbing
Old 16 July 2008, 18:09   #4

Many thanks for your kind reply,,if the wife hurrys up and learns to drive then i could get out LOL,,,,,,,,,i have tried people on me fishing web site ,but to no avail,,,,,,,,,,,,,only going to be used for close inshore fishing on calm ,good weather days ,never know then i might meet some local sibbers on here ?
Old 16 July 2008, 19:17   #5

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Seabreeze2
Make: Avon Rover 2.8
Engine: 7.5hp 4 Stroke Outbd
Hi TBF,

Thought i recognised you from WSF! Changed my name on here to protect the innocent lol.

I see you live in gravesend. Could you not launch into the Thames and have a long slow chug out to sea from there?

Phil
Old 16 July 2008, 19:22   #6

Hi phill ,i do live right close to the thames ,but with a small craft and small engine ,and the currents that rip througth gravesend it be dangerous ,plus id never get there way to far,,,,,,,,,some good fishing to be had on the beach marks we go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but i want to fish herne bay ,minis areas for thornies ,bass and hounds,,,,,,,,,,,a few macks aswell, have you had much luck fishing in yours mate?
Old 16 July 2008, 19:35   #7

Quote:
Hi phill ,i do live right close to the thames ,but with a small craft and small engine ,and the currents that rip througth gravesend it be dangerous ,plus id never get there way to far,,,,,,,,,some good fishing to be had on the beach marks we go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but i want to fish herne bay ,minis areas for thornies ,bass and hounds,,,,,,,,,,,a few macks aswell, have you had much luck fishing in yours mate?
Yeah, saftey should always come 1st.

Ive only been out 2 or 3 times to be honest, its difficult getting the weather on a weekend when im not working, babysitting, seeing my daughter etc. Living in East grinstead, its not like the sea is on my doorstep which again adds to the difficulty.

That said, I did venture out to Beachy Head on Sunday albeit on a choppy sea with my mate and we were straight into the mackeral ( which is what i originally intended to fish soley for when i bought the boat) caught 21 between us in a 1hr session approx half a mile out, I was surprised how shallow it was that far out, thought all my line would be in the sea!!

We went prawning first for live prawns to use as bait for Bassing and we got around 30-40 which was great, unfortuantly, my anchor had not arrived by then and we were drifting faster than the fish could chase the bait so returned the prawns to the sea lol.

Do you find your fishfinder valuable in finding the right spot? I am now hankering after one too!

Phil
Old 16 July 2008, 20:10   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by avon calling View Post
Yeah, saftey should always come 1st.

Ive only been out 2 or 3 times to be honest, its difficult getting the weather on a weekend when im not working, babysitting, seeing my daughter etc. Living in East grinstead, its not like the sea is on my doorstep which again adds to the difficulty.

That said, I did venture out to Beachy Head on Sunday albeit on a choppy sea with my mate and we were straight into the mackeral ( which is what i originally intended to fish soley for when i bought the boat) caught 21 between us in a 1hr session approx half a mile out, I was surprised how shallow it was that far out, thought all my line would be in the sea!!

We went prawning first for live prawns to use as bait for Bassing and we got around 30-40 which was great, unfortuantly, my anchor had not arrived by then and we were drifting faster than the fish could chase the bait so returned the prawns to the sea lol.

Do you find your fishfinder valuable in finding the right spot? I am now hankering after one too!

Phil
sounds like a fun trip there you had, well done,,,,,,,,,cor wish i could get out to find out what the fish finder is like ,,,,,,,,,,only used it on a short little trip around ramsgate habour gave accurate depth tho.........its a hummingbird pirahna max 15 £160.00
Old 16 July 2008, 20:25   #9

me boat

Hope this works me boat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0222.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	36384  
Old 16 July 2008, 20:31   #10

One more

With Transom wheels fitted ,never been used ,stainless bolts ,sealed with sikaflex
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0249.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	36385  
Old 16 July 2008, 20:40   #11

Town: Toronto
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yamaha, 15hp, 2str
Nice little boat you have. I had 10 feet + 3hp for a while.

Regarding fish finders. Try to get descent unit from first time. I've been through 3 of them and still looking (H. Piranha MAX 20, H. 565, H. Matrix 47 3D and now looking at H. 797 c2 SI )

My opinion is Lowrance makes better vertical units (object separation, distance on which object could be detected, etc). Humminbird is a king of 3D sonars. I like SI units very much.

If you are buying 2D vertical, try to spare $$ for a color one with a 5" screen.
Old 16 July 2008, 20:41   #12

Quote:
sounds like a fun trip there you had, well done,,,,,,,,,cor wish i could get out to find out what the fish finder is like ,,,,,,,,,,only used it on a short little trip around ramsgate habour gave accurate depth tho.........its a hummingbird pirahna max 15 £160.00

Lovely boat, shame you cant get out on it more often. Have you thought about renting a large beach hut which will give you easy access?

Phil
Old 16 July 2008, 20:47   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by avon calling View Post
Lovely boat, shame you cant get out on it more often. Have you thought about renting a large beach hut which will give you easy access?

Phil
That is a good idea ,ill give that ago ,thanks for the idea