Old 09 May 2018, 14:31   #1

Town: Devon
Boat name: Big Blue III
Make: Avon Adventure 580
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
Help Required for SIB

Hope someone can help.
I work for an inland search & rescue charity and we currently use an RS430 Excel rib with a 30 tohatsu on, problem is the rib is getting a bit old and weary.

I need some advise on the best form of SIB that we could look at going for, be it SeaPro or Osprey from Northern Diver.

The biggest problem we have, is that our funds are seriously limited with being a not for profit charity, all of us within the team are 100% volunteers and therefore cannot generate the funds that the other emergency services have.

We need to get a reasonably good one, as we will be doing joint training with the other rescue services in due course

Any ideas or better still, anyone out there whose feeling charitable and could provide us with one. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 09 May 2018, 21:42   #2

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
Does it have to be new? Some seriously good SIBs with excellent history (thinking D Class) etc crop up from time to time and go for silly money considering the original cost.
Old 10 May 2018, 08:59   #3

Town: Perth
Make: Funyak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 20 twatsu
I don't know your operating requirements, but are you certain a Sib is the best way to go? With a 30hp I guess you're using a trailer, in which case a rotomolded hdpe boat may be worth considering. Heavier (for the same length) and more expensive initially but... Virtually bomb proof, so no problems in shallow Snaggy flood water, roomier (so a shorter boat may do the same job) and maintenance free, so less hassle for your volunteers. Last almost forever, so cheaper long term! Several available such as whaly, funyak, rigiflex, Mac boats etc... Used examples very rare, which may indicate user satisfaction? Just my thoughts...

Tags
sib