Old 08 August 2012, 17:00   #1

Town: Cheshire
Make: Sea-Swift
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15hp Johnson 2Stroke
Great Sibbing day!

Apologies to those working today but West Wales perfect Sibbing weather today,decided to take a picnic up the coast from Cardigan to Aberporth, about 8 miles I reckon. 4 bodies plus dog/gear and picnic is about 360kg I reckon so with 3.6m sib and only 15hp wasn't expecting too much, the calm seas helped definitely,planes well on about 3/4 throttle although needed 10 seconds of wide open to get there, saw plenty of dolphins, picnic and ice creams on the beach at aberporth where we met up with a family with a yam 330 with 15hp merc and 2 in the boat still had enough to pull a ringo..return journey with the tide so s bit quicker, picked up school of dolphins who stayed with us as far as Mwnt which is approx 1/2 way, crept back into Cardigan at pretty much low water after 3 hours great fun. Looking at the tank I reckon used about 8 litres of go juice so that's a pretty cost effective trip...same weather tomorrow please...might try down the coast for a change...although will be fighting the tide both ways then...hmm decisions decisions!
Old 08 August 2012, 17:29   #2
Dhf

Length: no boat
Good to hear your enjoying the nice weather, and you've met the dolphins, I'm tempted on cruising to Ramsey tomorrow maybe, I definatly want to make the most of this great weather and neap tides,