Old 30 July 2012, 10:44   #1

Town: Cheshire
Make: Sea-Swift
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15hp Johnson 2Stroke
Going well in Gwbert!

Eventually made it onto the water yesterday for the first time with my seaswift 360 and 15hp Johnson. Totally untried and untested, built on the beach...had meant to try at home but just never had the time beforehand...alloy floor went in well and even my £6 off eBay pump worked well for putting most of the volume in and finished off with the footpump for pressure..have to say very impressed with performance and handling so far, very stable,planes quickly 1 up and still planes with 4 adults approx 48 stone on board! No movment if creaking from the alloy floor and even launching off the wake of a friends rib at full speed showed no ill effects so happy I am! Here for 2 weeks so looking forward to many more sunny days of sib fun..1 quick question....engine is 2004 Johnson 15 2stroke...not got a manual and can't find anywhere on engine correct fuel premix ratio...went for a safe 50:1 yesterday but something in back of my head says later engines ok on 100:1, anybody got a 2004 engine confirm either way? Thanks..
Old 30 July 2012, 11:01   #2

Town: kent
Boat name: SIBotage
Make: Prowave
Engine: 15hp Johnson 2 smoke
My Johnson OB is 1999 and that's 50:1

Not sure if the newer run in 100:1 though
Old 01 August 2012, 20:50   #3

Town: N. Pembrokeshire
Boat name: Various
Make: RIBs & Hovercraft
Length: 9m +
Engine: Outboards
MMSI: Various
RIBase
Spotted:

Stoph and family afloat in Gwbert basin tonight whilst we were on LB excercise (I was helming the D)..... Lots of smiley faces....on what was a cracking evening after such a stinker of a day

Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...17306504953480
Razorbill RIBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 August 2012, 23:15   #4

Town: Cheshire
Make: Sea-Swift
Engine: 15hp Johnson 2Stroke
Thanks for coming over and saying hi Dan...you confused me a little turning up in a lifeboat! Had 4 cracking evening tides so far after rather mixed days, plenty of seals spotted and last 2 days plenty of dolphins between Cardigan island and mwnt so definitely smiles all round...can't believe how few boats have been out last few days, plenty of water,reasonably calm and not too much rain..if I think back 30 years there would be plenty of locals out every night through summer,even the bar at TBC is deserted! Times must be tough..loving the sib and must curtail my wishes to go faster as that will invariably cost more money! Best recorded so far 21.5mph with 32 stone of bodies and 2011 litres fuel on board,not too bad I reckon and fuel consumption working out at 3ltrs per hour...enough to make mate with 225 on 7.5m rib weep! May see you again...got 9 more days hols and hoping to get plenty more hours in..
Ps..can you recommend anyone local for an inshore flare pack at a vaguely sensible price, my rib chaperone when venturing out over the bar has to go home at the weekend so best stock up! Not that I'm planning on needing you in a professional capacity..!
Chris
Old 02 August 2012, 08:01   #5

Town: N. Pembrokeshire
Boat name: Various
Make: RIBs & Hovercraft
Length: 9m +
Engine: Outboards
MMSI: Various
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoph View Post
Ps..can you recommend anyone local for an inshore flare pack at a vaguely sensible price
Local is the issue tbh...... As you know, we are a bout 30 miles from anywhere of any size (and then that's all relative)....

If you are venturing down South for a day, call in at Dale Sailing in Neyland, they had coastal packs on offer a few months ago.....

Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...17306504953480
Razorbill RIBs is offline   Reply With Quote