Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaphead View Post
Is this set-up any use to you?

It's the Avon W400 commercial grade inflatable which is about as heavy duty as you will get. Ex Royal Marines Youth Training Corps.

It comes with a 25hp Mariner two stroke that was serviced last April and other than running up on mufflers hasn't been used since.

Sits in it's own trailer and comes with new LVM 12volt inflator which blows it up in about 5 minutes, foot bellows, wooden floor, spare prop, paddles, 25 litre Barrus fuel tank and storage bag.

I'm looking £2500 which also includes delivery to NW England as I'm across on the mainland reasonably regularly.
My money would be on this boat,built like a tank,would be heavy and as you only want it for a short while,would still sell again for a good price the boat for sure.
Old 29 April 2011, 10:54   #22

Town: Plymouth
Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornbackflound
My money would be on this boat,built like a tank,would be heavy and as you only want it for a short while,would still sell again for a good price the boat for sure.
For the money I'd want a newer motor and proper trailer.

Plenty of quicksilver 430 XD's around with 2004 mariner 25s on proper trailers for £2500. I know of a local one to me (devon) very clean just serviced for that price.

Agreed not as "bullet proof" as that Avon but then again it does not need to be for a family of 5!

Just my opinion

Peter ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007
Old 29 April 2011, 15:42   #23

Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats&Outboards View Post
For the money I'd want a newer motor and proper trailer.

Plenty of quicksilver 430 XD's around with 2004 mariner 25s on proper trailers for £2500. I know of a local one to me (devon) very clean just serviced for that price.

Agreed not as "bullet proof" as that Avon but then again it does not need to be for a family of 5!

Just my opinion

Yeh i only mean the Sib,i won t buy an old outboard now if its not atleast year 2000.
Old 29 April 2011, 15:52   #24
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Definitely agree about the trailer.

The Quicksilver would be a good choice too. But only if you're trailing it - you'll find that putting it together and packing it away again is just too much hassle. Especially with potentially tired and fractious young crew!
Old 29 April 2011, 19:24   #25

Town: Plymouth
Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett
Definitely agree about the trailer.

The Quicksilver would be a good choice too. But only if you're trailing it - you'll find that putting it together and packing it away again is just too much hassle. Especially with potentially tired and fractious young crew!
Agreed

Although these things are "foldable" it's not what you wan to be doing at this size. Too much hassle. Better to do it end of season for storage.

Hope you get yourself sorted on the water soon. Good luck.

Old 31 May 2011, 10:01   #26

Town: Marlow
Make: Bombard 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: 25hp Yamaha 2 stroke
Well its done now.!

Got a 380 off eBay with a Yamaha 25hp 2-stroke auto lube serviced in November. Included a trailer, light board that can double to tow a watertoy/skier, launch wheels, cover, bow bag and anchor. Has a couple of small patches (well done) and holds air well. Spent yesterday rearranging the shed to fit it all in! Looking forward to getting her on the water!

Thanks to all for the advice, very pleased to have a Bombard as it looks like an excellent boat.
Old 31 May 2011, 12:31   #27

Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet-Jester View Post
Well its done now.!

Got a 380 off eBay with a Yamaha 25hp 2-stroke auto lube serviced in November. Included a trailer, light board that can double to tow a watertoy/skier, launch wheels, cover, bow bag and anchor. Has a couple of small patches (well done) and holds air well. Spent yesterday rearranging the shed to fit it all in! Looking forward to getting her on the water!

Thanks to all for the advice, very pleased to have a Bombard as it looks like an excellent boat.

Good man ! Hope to get mine out for the 1st time this coming weekend ... must be the most commonly owned SIB on RIBNET, maybe the most common boat overall now ? Must be 6 or 7 identical ones now ?