Old 01 February 2011, 16:30   #1

Town: Manchester
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
Engine: Outboard
Futura Sport Floor/Seat Help

Hope someone here can help me please?

I have recently purchased a Zodiac Futura Sport 2001 model - the white one with yellow resin floor and yellow central 2 person seat (with a 50 HP Yamaha 2 stroke outboard).

It came on a trailer but I really need to deflate it and pack it away so I can take it on holiday. I tow a big caravan, so I can't use the trailer.

I don't have an owner's manual and I believe they aren't available any more. So I've googled till I can't google no more, but still can't find any answers...

Anyhow, I was wondering what was the best approach when deflating it and separating the central 2 person seat from the floor - is it best to deflate the boat first and then take the whole floor out with the seat still bolted to it, and then unbolt it from the floor when its out, or is it best to unbolt the seat from the floor whilst the boat is still fully inflated?

I haven't tried either approach yet.

And I would really appreciate some advice on how best to reinflate and put it all back together again - is it best to partially inflate and then put the floor in? And do I bolt the seat to the floor before I put the floor in or bolt the seat in after the floor has gone in and the boat is fully inflated?

Any help and advice is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Irv.
Old 01 February 2011, 17:36   #2
RIBnet supporter

Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodisport View Post
It came on a trailer but I really need to deflate it and pack it away so I can take it on holiday. I tow a big caravan, so I can't use the trailer.
Have you given a thought to how you're going to store the engine? You will need some form of crane or pulley system I'm sure.

In relation to folding up the boat, deflating it to around 40% normal pressure should help, assuming you have already got the engine off, the seat should unclip (assuming it is one of the OEM ones and has been fitted correctly using the Zodiac kit). Then the floor will either slip into its respective pieces or be slipped out as a one piece unit dependant on whether it is wooden or aluminium.

Be aware it may be a fairly long and tough job. No boat with a 50hp motor is really designed for regular folding away and packing up so it will probably be a 40min job and probably more the first time at least.
Quote:
And I would really appreciate some advice on how best to reinflate and put it all back together again - is it best to partially inflate and then put the floor in? And do I bolt the seat to the floor before I put the floor in or bolt the seat in after the floor has gone in and the boat is fully inflated?
Do the reverse of deflation. blow it up to around 40-50%, stuff in the floor and clip on the seat then inflate to working pressure
Old 01 February 2011, 18:30   #3

Town: Quebec city
Make: Zodiac hurricane
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha
Quote:
Hope someone here can help me please?

I have recently purchased a Zodiac Futura Sport 2001 model - the white one with yellow resin floor and yellow central 2 person seat (with a 50 HP Yamaha 2 stroke outboard).

I don't have an owner's manual and I believe they aren't available any more. So I've googled till I can't google no more, but still can't find any answers...

Anyhow, I was wondering what was the best approach when deflating it and separating the central 2 person seat from the floor - is it best to deflate the boat first and then take the whole floor out with the seat still bolted to it, and then unbolt it from the floor when its out, or is it best to unbolt the seat from the floor whilst the boat is still fully inflated?

I haven't tried either approach yet.

Any help and advice is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Irv.
Send me your direct email by PM I'll forward you the OEM user manual.
educhesne@blyacht.com
achille2124 is offline   Reply With Quote