Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14 August 2014, 12:31   #31
Country: USA
Town: Seattle, Washington, USA
Make: Zodiac Futura Mk IIC
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda 20hp 4-stroke
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 50
Originally Posted by breakfluid View Post
there is a bung in the floor of the forward hull, inside the boat.. its for a chamber thats shaped like an arrow... I tried pumping air in but it just comes straight out again so is it for ballast?
to form a kind of hull shape?
You are right, yes, it is to form a nice little bump in the underside of the floor. It's called the keel tube. It gets pumped up to around 240 millibar / 3.4 psi same as the rest of the tubes.

On my boat, the valves have a little green knob down in the center (see picture):

they can be pushed in and turned to "inflate", where it holds the air when you stop pumping, or "deflate" where it lets the air right out. Perhaps the valve for this has something similar?

Wild_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.