Old 10 April 2011, 20:24   #1

Town: Gateshead
Boat name: Confirmative Jim
Make: Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: Rude 35
First Trip of 2011

Took the boat out today for a couple of hours in the mouth of the Tyne. Was a beautifil day with only light winds and not too much swell.

The boat performed well though I think I need to have a play with the engine settings. Someone has chopped a piece out of the transom which I have now temporarily filled in.

This now seems to position the motor a bit high as I could see the cav plate clearly and it looked to be clear of the surface of the water. It also felt like the prop was slipping or cavitating slightly.

The motor was in the hole second from the transom and when I moved it out the cavitation got worse and it was quite tricky to get over the hump without flipping the boat, very nose up attitude! I'm going to have a play around next weekend and see if I can fine tune it.

Having the big van instead of the 70's coupe certainly made life a lot easier loading/unloading and will enable us to use the boat much more. Unfortunately I left the camera with the girls on shore (who are both pro snappers) but the shots aren't the best.

Anyway I hope everyone managed to enjoy the unusual April weather aboard their own vessels!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0326[1].jpg
Views:	240
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	58253   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0317[1].jpg
Views:	282
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	58254   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0300[1].jpg
Views:	269
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	58255  
Old 14 April 2011, 13:22   #2

Town: Copenhagen
Make: Zodiac futura mk. II
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40 hp 2t
looks great and a lot warmer than denmark

Ill be going out the comming week, ikke post some pictures aswell..
Old 14 April 2011, 17:55   #3

Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmiffy View Post
Took the boat out today for a couple of hours in the mouth of the Tyne. Was a beautifil day with only light winds and not too much swell.

The boat performed well though I think I need to have a play with the engine settings. Someone has chopped a piece out of the transom which I have now temporarily filled in.

This now seems to position the motor a bit high as I could see the cav plate clearly and it looked to be clear of the surface of the water. It also felt like the prop was slipping or cavitating slightly.

The motor was in the hole second from the transom and when I moved it out the cavitation got worse and it was quite tricky to get over the hump without flipping the boat, very nose up attitude! I'm going to have a play around next weekend and see if I can fine tune it.

Having the big van instead of the 70's coupe certainly made life a lot easier loading/unloading and will enable us to use the boat much more. Unfortunately I left the camera with the girls on shore (who are both pro snappers) but the shots aren't the best.

Anyway I hope everyone managed to enjoy the unusual April weather aboard their own vessels!
very nice ,looks good,well done on the first trip.