Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 22 May 2011, 10:53   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: midlands
Boat name: robeena
Make: honwave
Length: 4m +
Engine: twatsu 40
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 172
First time out on my sib

Hi fellas ,, i had my first time on the sib yesterday ,and what a ball we had,,, honwavw t40 with a twatsoo OB ,,did 50 ish miles from tewksbury to gloucester and back and had a little play out on my own too... it went superb , no issues at all ,, we even had a naming and launch ceremony as the boat itself is brand new,, the OB is used though . heres i little clip lol... im overjoyed lads ;-)
__________________

__________________
TIMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2011, 13:21   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: midlands
Boat name: robeena
Make: honwave
Length: 4m +
Engine: twatsu 40
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 172
Ahh . i forgot to mention , i used a pump from a large inflatable bed to blow this up on the campsite at the riverside , and it did it in under 10 minutes, who needs these bravo jobbies,, i just had to put the last little bit of air in with the footpump. i put the boat together in 20 minutes all in ,, from start, to launch took half an hour ,, easy peasy .
__________________

__________________
TIMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2011, 14:12   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 25hp
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 94
Proper job Timo 10 minutes is quick in my book and great video, you daughter looks like she was loving it. nothing better than enjoying a day out on the water with the family
__________________
bigscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2011, 14:43   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: midlands
Boat name: robeena
Make: honwave
Length: 4m +
Engine: twatsu 40
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigscott View Post
Proper job Timo 10 minutes is quick in my book and great video, you daughter looks like she was loving it. nothing better than enjoying a day out on the water with the family
HA,, yeah scott was great fun,, my little son was 100% convinced after a while , he actually fell asleep ,, i`ll be using it plenty though all the same,, going to try blackrock sands next week but i`m weary of going through the waves head on TBH iv`e seen boats flip, dont think my folks would appreciate that too much .
__________________
TIMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2011, 15:19   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Orpington
Make: Seapro 340HD
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 9.8HP
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMO View Post
Hi fellas ,, i had my first time on the sib yesterday ,and what a ball we had,,, honwavw t40 with a twatsoo OB ,,did 50 ish miles from tewksbury to gloucester and back and had a little play out on my own too... it went superb , no issues at all ,, we even had a naming and launch ceremony as the boat itself is brand new,, the OB is used though . heres i little clip lol... im overjoyed lads ;-)

Well done TIMO. I loved your video. You look like Captain Blythe sitting there at the helm.
I also my made my maiden voyage, on my new boat yesterday, and have posted a report on lockiboie's thread, titled WHAT SIB?

I bet you can't wait to get out again?

All the best

Popeye
__________________
Popeye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2011, 15:29   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bristol
Boat name: Dont have one yet
Make: Dont have one yet
Length: 3m +
Engine: Dont have one yet
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 26
Hi TIMO

I like the improvised seats for the children. Are they fixed to anything?

Sibbib
__________________
Sibbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2011, 16:20   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: midlands
Boat name: robeena
Make: honwave
Length: 4m +
Engine: twatsu 40
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye1 View Post
Well done TIMO. I loved your video. You look like Captain Blythe sitting there at the helm.
I also my made my maiden voyage, on my new boat yesterday, and have posted a report on lockiboie's thread, titled WHAT SIB?

I bet you can't wait to get out again?

All the best

Popeye
Well done buddy...bloomin great en it ? lol .. i took a look at that nice one...back out again next week? i am ;-)
__________________
TIMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2011, 16:23   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: midlands
Boat name: robeena
Make: honwave
Length: 4m +
Engine: twatsu 40
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibbob View Post
Hi TIMO

I like the improvised seats for the children. Are they fixed to anything?

Sibbib
Yes mate..i really had to come up with something fast as i wanted to get out on it,, theyre a couple of school seats that i welded to a frame and boled to the middle ally floor panel withe rounded coachbolts as not to puncture the hull, this is by no means a permanent fixture, i`ll get something more "suitable" soon lol. advice on this is more than welcome BTW
__________________
TIMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2011, 18:38   #9
Member
 
Country: Iceland
Town: akranes
Boat name: no name
Make: zodiac mk11 grand
Length: 4m +
Engine: 30 hp yam
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMO View Post
HA,, yeah scott was great fun,, my little son was 100% convinced after a while , he actually fell asleep ,, i`ll be using it plenty though all the same,, going to try blackrock sands next week but i`m weary of going through the waves head on TBH iv`e seen boats flip, dont think my folks would appreciate that too much .
take the waves at an angle more comfortable its usually wind that you have to watch out for i usually send my 100 kg plus mate upfront when its windy he he ... have fun and grats on your new boat ...daniel
__________________
iceland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2011, 18:09   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: midlands
Boat name: robeena
Make: honwave
Length: 4m +
Engine: twatsu 40
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceland View Post
take the waves at an angle more comfortable its usually wind that you have to watch out for i usually send my 100 kg plus mate upfront when its windy he he ... have fun and grats on your new boat ...daniel
Ive read that some folks go against the waves stern first in reverse ? what do you reckon ?
__________________

__________________
TIMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.