Old 16 June 2013, 21:18   #1

Length: 3m +
first sea trip

My first day on the sea went well today...got over to Anglesey quite early.went to treadour bay to liecence the boat £20 and a half chat we were on our way to hollyhead harbour.we launched the 380 at Newry beach...first off ..holding the boat on station..then approaching a bouy with wind and tide.then man over board and recovery then we set some bouys so I could do figure of eight slow speed.for and aft..the accurate steering on the plain.then I had to recover all of the bouys without running into or over them..when Andrew was happy with my boat handling we recovered the boat and headed for rhoscolyn bay we were met by a couple of the boat liencing fellas which again were really friendly and helpful..we launched the boat and headed out of the bay into some stronger seas..we ended up in moderate seas 4 with 2/3 meter waves that seemed to come from all directions and looked like a washing machine..had a great time jumping off waves and generaly getting battered a bruised..the tohatsu 18 didn't miss a beat and the tohatsu 380 sb handled far better than any of us expected...looking forward to getting the 25 hp engine sorted so its got a bit more grunt as the 18 was on fairly open throttle positions when we were over the reef at rhoscolyn...I'll try sort some pics later on....

Cheers woz
Old 16 June 2013, 21:39   #2

Town: Rostrevor
Boat name: Ricochet
Make: Redbay
Length: 7m +
Engine: Twin F115 Yams
MMSI: 235083269
Sounds like a really successful and enjoyable day out

Look forward to the photos