Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 11 March 2016, 17:02   #1
Member
 
thestig1973's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: warrington
Make: Honwave T32
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury 15 2 stroke
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 490
Excel inflatables - customer service

I recently looked into purchasing an excel 430 inflatable, decided not to buy as it wouldn't fit in garage with trailer hitch.
Various ribnetters advised me to speak to Terry at excel telling me he was a great guy to deal with

When I spoke to him several weeks ago he was very helpful, today I received a courtesy call to see if I'm still interested
Obviously he's trying to get a sale .........i'm a sales rep... know the score :-)

but...... the reason for this post..... he is so passionate about his brand, I believe in his customer service and believe he would back up any warranty he offers. This may seem a dull post to some, but its nice to deal with someone who seems interested in their product and not focusing just on profit. I'm not sure if he's got a sale yet as its a long trip to view his showroom, but his enthusiasm is tempting me to a 3 hour round trip

Anyone tried an excel air deck?
__________________

__________________
thestig1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2016, 17:34   #2
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,121
Made in China...probably on par with Honwave, Zoom by Zodiac, Yamaha Inflatable Boats, Quicksilver / Mercury, etc.
__________________

__________________
Richard
Gluing geek since 2007
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2016, 18:00   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: reiver 3.8/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: 40hp 2st 2x6lp 315
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,503
We bought one of the first he imported about 12 years ago still looks good and no dodgy glue or seams & never had much care and attention to keep it looking good
Had an issue after a couple of trips which required a replacement air floor which was supplied without problem
I'd say definitely as good as the rest if not better
Re the garage couldn't you get a removable draw bar trailer?
__________________
beamishken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2016, 18:17   #4
Member
 
thestig1973's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: warrington
Make: Honwave T32
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury 15 2 stroke
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by office888 View Post
Made in China...probably on par with Honwave, Zoom by Zodiac, Yamaha Inflatable Boats, Quicksilver / Mercury, etc.
On, par.... slightly cheaper with 5 year warranty and cheaper accessories

Only negative is selling used is possibly less desirable than mainstream brands
__________________
thestig1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2016, 18:22   #5
Member
 
thestig1973's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: warrington
Make: Honwave T32
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury 15 2 stroke
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamishken View Post
We bought one of the first he imported about 12 years ago still looks good and no dodgy glue or seams & never had much care and attention to keep it looking good
Had an issue after a couple of trips which required a replacement air floor which was supplied without problem
I'd say definitely as good as the rest if not better
Re the garage couldn't you get a removable draw bar trailer?
Sounds good beamishken
Reliable,durable, and warranty support

Removable draw bar is a good idea, but its a wide boat too, just too big overall
__________________
thestig1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2016, 06:12   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: East Anglia
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki DF20 EFI
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,279
>>>Anyone tried an excel air deck?

You've a Futura at the moment and at the right budget would buy an Aerotec??

I'd be very wary of a budget brand flat air floor/sausage keel design... particularly in a size of 3.4m+... it may disappoint.
__________________
Fenlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2016, 06:15   #7
Member
 
thestig1973's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: warrington
Make: Honwave T32
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury 15 2 stroke
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
>>>Anyone tried an excel air deck?

You've a Futura at the moment and at the right budget would buy an Aerotec??

I'd be very wary of a budget brand flat air floor/sausage keel design... particularly in a size of 3.4m+... it may disappoint.

I sold my futura (to beerbelly) Fenlander

Not had a sib for 2 years, just bought an outboard

Just need the right sib now
__________________
thestig1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2016, 06:17   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: East Anglia
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki DF20 EFI
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,279
>>>Just need the right sib now

Then be very wary of a flat air floor after having the Futura experience in your mind.
__________________
Fenlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2016, 08:07   #9
Member
 
beerbelly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: teesside
Make: valiant v570
Length: 5m +
Engine: mercury 100
MMSI: 232012453
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 859
not sure I agree there sure the futura is a well built fun boat with a 25 yam on the back but when deflated it was bloody heavy and large and cumbersome and had the amazing capacity to fill any car you put it in .so I changed to a honwave 3.2 airfloor and 15hp and its almost as much fun but packed away its miles more manageable easily packed away or assembled or carried about in its bag by one man and its surprisingly good out at sea even in a bit of chop not as fast and furious as the zodiac but loads easier to live with and use
__________________
beerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2016, 08:09   #10
Member
 
thestig1973's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: warrington
Make: Honwave T32
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury 15 2 stroke
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
not sure I agree there sure the futura is a well built fun boat with a 25 yam on the back but when deflated it was bloody heavy and large and cumbersome and had the amazing capacity to fill any car you put it in .so I changed to a honwave 3.2 airfloor and 15hp and its almost as much fun but packed away its miles more manageable easily packed away or assembled or carried about in its bag by one man and its surprisingly good out at sea even in a bit of chop not as fast and furious as the zodiac but loads easier to live with and use

I agree, I've bought a 15hp 2 stroke this time, much easier to move around
__________________

__________________
thestig1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.